A world cruise we can all afford :-)

Don't worry, I am not going to mention or show any company names here. I will only mention prices!

But my eyes nearly popped out of my head the other day, when idly looking at some world cruise prices (as you do:D) on an aussie site.

Not sectors-the whole cruise.

I am no expert but I know enough to know these little jaunts of 90-105 days usually have starting prices in the $19,000 range-and that is in the cheapest inside cabin!!

Well, how would you fancy 95 days in a 4 star ship, the Aurora, for only about $1649-heck, you can have the mini suite for only a bit extra, about $2700.

Or if you don't fancy this one, the same site is showing the 103 day trip, I think it is, on the Queen Mary2 no less, for similar prices.

Now, I assumed a typo, someone has left out a digit in those prices.

But here's the thing. They have been up there now for a few days.

I get a bit annoyed at this sort of thing if it is not for real, so my evil angel sent them a message yesterday, asking them to email immediately to confirm my price.:D:D;)

That should get them moving to adjust their website, you would think.:p

If the prices are for real, I will let you all know. Who will be joining me?;)

And shall we go on the Aurora or Queen Mary2 and hang the extra couple of hundred dollars expense? LOL

Doesn't leave till January.:D

So we have plenty of time to pack.;)

The queen Mary 2 103 day cruise in Jan is only slightly dearer, if you want to lash out. LOL

Obviously it is an error, but it annoys me that these prices have been up for days now. It's not that hard to update a website or price, but I have known some sites to leave unavailable prices up for 6 weeks or longer.

Don't worry, I am not going to mention or show any company names here. I will only mention prices!

But my eyes nearly popped out of my head the other day, when idly looking at some world cruise prices (as you do:D) on an aussie site.

Not sectors-the whole cruise.

I am no expert but I know enough to know these little jaunts of 90-105 days usually have starting prices in the $19,000 range-and that is in the cheapest inside cabin!!

Well, how would you fancy 95 days in a 4 star ship, the Aurora, for only about $1649-heck, you can have the mini suite for only a bit extra, about $2700.

Or if you don't fancy this one, the same site is showing the 103 day trip, I think it is, on the Queen Mary2 no less, for similar prices.

Now, I assumed a typo, someone has left out a digit in those prices.

But here's the thing. They have been up there now for a few days.

I get a bit annoyed at this sort of thing if it is not for real, so my evil angel sent them a message yesterday, asking them to email immediately to confirm my price.:D:D;)

That should get them moving to adjust their website, you would think.:p

If the prices are for real, I will let you all know. Who will be joining me?;)

And shall we go on the Aurora or Queen Mary2 and hang the extra couple of hundred dollars expense? LOL

What country is that website in?

Also what months do those cruises leave?

It is an absolute giveaway, obviously a misprint, are the prices in pounds?

I think I found the website that you refer to. Wow ..... it has to be a mistake....95 days..... it also said $2369 for a Balcony cabin ($25 per day) and $2729 for a Mini suite $29 per day) :eek:. It's not even April fool's day.

Please let us know the result of your enquiry and good luck.

Jenny

If those fares are genuine (wishful thinking) I am there!!!!!!!

Wouldnt it be good if it was like a retail store, where they have to sell an item at the marked price even if it's wrong!

sherri3802,

What the heck, we're with you and even prepared to spend all those extra $s and go on the Queen Mary 2:D:D I suppose they will come back and tell you that price is no longer available!!:D

Ted

I think that it will become obvious that those fares are incorrect - typos or some other mistake.

However, that leads me to another situation more "real" situation. The "prices" quoted on these website are only ever " approximate estimates" - you will see that quoted somewhere in the fine print.

I recently booked with P & O UK for a return trip to the UK - Oriana on the way over, via Suez and Arcadia coming back, via Panama. Prices quoted were consident among a number of TA's that I approached - but those prices were all a little higher than they all had on their websites and higher than P & O UK had on theirs.

I understand that P & O UK are now using a "dynamic pricing" model - which basically means that the price you will be quoted (from P & O UK via your TA) will depend on their bookings on that day. In other words - the law of "supply and demand " prevails. Of course, the price quoted on any day also reflects the exchange rate at that time.

Anyway, in our case, we were investigating a return trip of $10,500 pp for an interior cabin (Oz to UK return)- but finished up accepting a fare of $12,000 pp.

Barry

I understand that it has to be a typo (but if not, tedirene, I will let you know immediately-I tend to fancy the Queen mary 2 as well:p)

The site is an aussie site, the price was in dollars and the cruises were for January.

But here's the thing.

Some other travel agencies that advertise online and have really detailed lists of cabins and prices are able to get their prices accurate-presumably because you can book them online, on the spot.

Yet others that have 'indicative' prices or 'from $xxx' don't seem to manage to get it accurate in a month of Sundays.

I did report one agency(not this one) to Qld fair trading a while back and, with my email evidence, I think the govt group rattled their cage:D

From what they reported back to me, they issued a please explain to the manager down.

I understand errors, don't get me wrong. But the ones i reported had had a non existent price up for 6 weeks, even though i had enquired about it.(it wasn't an obvious error like this one-just a 'from' price that had not existed for 6 weeks)

Some of them need to lift their game.

Let me know if the price is for real. Heck we will quit our jobs and worry about it when we get back :eek::D!!!!!

LOL...anyone wanna chip in for the Duplex suite on the QM2 with me....i am sure if the balcony cabins are going for $25 a day, then they shouldnt be any more than a $100:p Count me in! :)

LOL...anyone wanna chip in for the Duplex suite on the QM2 with me....i am sure if the balcony cabins are going for $25 a day, then they shouldnt be any more than a $100:p Count me in! :)

Yeah, count me in Jas. :D I'll cancel the NZ cruise - can do that any time.

Wow me and my hb are in too so there will be a lot of us yaaaaaaaaaaaay

We will have a ripper of a time lol:)

Unfortunatly it will be a dream, i bet they are getting lots of enquires:)

Have a great day

Min

Unfortunatly it will be a dream, i bet they are getting lots of enquires:)

Min

These unintentional little typos (??:cool:??) are great for stirring up business especially in this situation where they cannot be forced to honor it.

$25 buks a day..??? bugger this living on land, i'm off to a life on the sea!!:D

I understand that it has to be a typo (but if not, tedirene, I will let you know immediately-I tend to fancy the Queen mary 2 as well:p)

The site is an aussie site, the price was in dollars and the cruises were for January.

But here's the thing.

Some other travel agencies that advertise online and have really detailed lists of cabins and prices are able to get their prices accurate-presumably because you can book them online, on the spot.

Yet others that have 'indicative' prices or 'from $xxx' don't seem to manage to get it accurate in a month of Sundays.

I did report one agency(not this one) to Qld fair trading a while back and, with my email evidence, I think the govt group rattled their cage:D

From what they reported back to me, they issued a please explain to the manager down.

I understand errors, don't get me wrong. But the ones i reported had had a non existent price up for 6 weeks, even though i had enquired about it.(it wasn't an obvious error like this one-just a 'from' price that had not existed for 6 weeks)

Some of them need to lift their game.

Good on you for going to Qld fair trading, as it illegal to advertise a price and not have that. I think they call it "bait advertising", correct me if I am wrong. I hope they took them to task for it.

The whole thing is that they get the customers attention, they then ring up, but only too be told, "sorry that is sold, but we can offer you this for X amount of dollars". And some people are taken in with that sort of thing.

:D Well, I am on another messageboard in England (nothing to do with sailing, just a general one) and I posted the whole link there, for the Aurora sailing. After all, it leaves from England.

I told them they should email the company. LOL

One of the boardies got back to me and said she had a reply, and guess what it was: That they were sorry, but they could only sell to Australian customers!

Isn't that the outside of enough, since they didn't even bother to reply to me!

I understand errors, I am pretty fine with them, but wouldn't you think if a company had a few enquiries about a price and discovered an error, they would fix it?

That part really puzzles me. It is not a good way to run a business, or it isn;t how I would run one, anyway. It doesn't look competent.

:D Well, I am on another messageboard in England (nothing to do with sailing, just a general one) and I posted the whole link there, for the Aurora sailing. After all, it leaves from England.

I told them they should email the company. LOL

One of the boardies got back to me and said she had a reply, and guess what it was: That they were sorry, but they could only sell to Australian customers!

Isn't that the outside of enough, since they didn't even bother to reply to me!

I understand errors, I am pretty fine with them, but wouldn't you think if a company had a few enquiries about a price and discovered an error, they would fix it?

That part really puzzles me. It is not a good way to run a business, or it isn;t how I would run one, anyway. It doesn't look competent.

I'm thinking the Aurora cruise is the one we are actually wailisted on departing Southampton in January 2011. Wonderful itinerary.

That cruise sold out within two days (see my signature on here).

Jillybean:)

Jilly bean, I bet you are kicking yourself to find it is being offered from only $1600 or whatever.:D;)

They still haven't got back to me, even after I told them I was willing to order two places on the spot.LOL

Wouldn't you think a company could just email enquirers with a reply that said sorry, mistake made on our website but we're fixing it. Instead of just saying to them they couldn't purchase because they were in UK, not Australia.

The site still has not fixed up the prices.

I find this fascinating in a grisly sort of way.:o

Jilly bean it does sound like it would be a great cruise. Pity that travel agent won't sell it to me at anywhere near their 'indicative' price!!:cool:

Archived