Which itenerary would you choose? and why?

skttnc

Nausea and Freeport or Half Moon Cay and Nausea

Planning a 5 night anniversary trip! :p

Half Moon Cay, no question. I have read that it is the most beautiful beach in the Caribbean. I don't know about all that, but I have seen pics and it is GORGEOUS! Go to the Ports of Call posts, go to Private Islands, and you will find several posts. There is one post where a woman got a cabana (they look AWESOME, though they are about $200) and she has pictures and even a youtube video of the cabana and all the goodies that come with it.

I have never been to Half Moon Cay, but have read so many great reviews of that place. So as much as I would love to visit Freeport, I would have to go with the Half Moon Cay itin.:)

I wish Carnival would create a short cruise cruise itinerary that went to half moon cay, would love a thursday through monday that did nassau, half moon cay, day at sea....i enjoy going over the weekends so i can do many vacations throughout the year

Nausea????? Do you mean Nassau?

OMG!!! You beat me to it...I actually had to read the post like 3 or 4 times to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me!!!! ROTFL!!!!!!:D

Although for some folks- they very well may be visiting the lovely island of nausea!!! LOL!!!

We're just teasing you, OP...very lovingly!!!!

I have never been to either...but if I had my choice I would have chosen HMC over Freeport. My problem was the route offered on the week we need to cruise included freeport and not HMC- although I intend on making the best of the trip no matter where we dock! I would really be happy with an extra sea day instead of Freeport or an extra sea day and maybe only hit Nassau and then add Key West... oh well!!! ;)

Oh, that is funny! :D I meant Nassau NOT Nausea! I definately do NOT want to go to Nausea!

I would like to do Nassau and Key West on a 5 night but can't find one! :mad:

Oh, that is funny! :D I meant Nassau NOT Nausea! I definately do NOT want to go to Nausea!

I would like to do Nassau and Key West on a 5 night but can't find one! :mad:

Fascination goes to Key West and Nassau on a 5 night - Monday - Saturday every other week from Jacksonville.

Oh, and I vote for HMC rather than Freeport too!

Been to both Freeport and Half Moon Cay. Loved HMC. Wished the boat would have left me at HMC and picked me back up after they went to Nassau! The sing there says it all, it says, "I wish I could stay here forever!"

I wish Carnival would create a short cruise cruise itinerary that went to half moon cay, would love a thursday through monday that did nassau, half moon cay, day at sea....i enjoy going over the weekends so i can do many vacations throughout the year

There are 5 day cruises that go to HMC.

Fascination from Jacksonville to Nassau and HMC.

Destiny from Miami to Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau.

EDIT: I see you are looking at Thursday to Monday cruises.

HALF MOON CAY!! We are on the sailing on the Fascination May 15th and it will be our 3rd time there.

I have sailed to most ports in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. I've been to Mexico, Aruba, Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Caymans, Bahamas, and more. HMC is my favorite port!!!

Unless you dont want the quintessential bahamas experience; powder sand beaches, clear water, tropical breezes, palm trees, fresh open air BBQ..... I could go on and on; I would move heaven and earth to go to HMC. :)

PS: GET THE CABANA!!

Archived