I did it! First Cruise booked!!

I just booked out first cruise! We're taking DH's parents on the Spirit out of New Orleans on Feb. 20, 2011. The PCC I used (Thanks, AWinkler!) was wonderful. It's insane, but all 4 of us are going to be in an inside cabin. We are booked in 6035, which is bigger than most other cabins that hold 4, so I think we'll be ok. Thanks for letting me do a little happy dance. :D

We had a cruise booked a few years ago, but my MIL became ill, so we had to cancel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and am confident we will sail this time. Hurry up, February!

I hope you both are adept to climbing up into a hanging bunk....:eek:

Have fun and enjoy yourselves. The best thing about cruising is that you don't all have to do the same things at the same time and you will definately only need the cabin to sleep in, all the living is done on the decks anyways!

I just booked out first cruise! We're taking DH's parents on the Spirit out of New Orleans on Feb. 20, 2011. The PCC I used (Thanks, AWinkler!) was wonderful. It's insane, but all 4 of us are going to be in an inside cabin. We are booked in 6035, which is bigger than most other cabins that hold 4, so I think we'll be ok. Thanks for letting me do a little happy dance. :D

We had a cruise booked a few years ago, but my MIL became ill, so we had to cancel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and am confident we will sail this time. Hurry up, February!

Good cabin choice . I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks y'all! We're really close to his parents (we'll be much closer after the cruise!), so I think it will work out. I'm sure we'll all be flexible with shower schedules, etc. Thanks, Jimnbigd, for the public restroom tip- I'll remember it. DH and I are already fighting over who gets the "top bunk"! :p We both want it.

Cabin 6035 is either 200 or 234 sq. feet depending on which site you check vs 149 for a "normal" inside- I think we'll be just fine. It's a cruise, right? It can't be that bad. I absolutely cannot wait!

Thanks y'all! We're really close to his parents (we'll be much closer after the cruise!), so I think it will work out. I'm sure we'll all be flexible with shower schedules, etc. Thanks, Jimnbigd, for the public restroom tip- I'll remember it. DH and I are already fighting over who gets the "top bunk"! :p We both want it.

Cabin 6035 is either 200 or 234 sq. feet depending on which site you check vs 149 for a "normal" inside- I think we'll be just fine. It's a cruise, right? It can't be that bad. I absolutely cannot wait!

If you don't already have it on your list of things to bring, be sure to pack an over the door shoe organizer for the many "things" you won't have room for on desk and counter tops. Very handy for sure. I love the Spirit and will be going on her again real soon.

In a pinch, one or more could even shower and shave in the gym bathrooms. Enjoy your cruise. You'll have a blast. Remember -- you can order as much as you want in the main dining room for breakfast, lunch when open (usually closed on port days), and dinner. You are not limited to one entree. I usually get 4 or 5 starters (appetizers) and 2 entrees. Plus dessert. Yummy. Note that usually only the buffet (lido deck) is open for lunch on port days.

Congratulations on taking the plunge! I agree with the poster who says it's addicting - and yes - the anticipation is half the fun! You have indeed picked a beautiful ship to start with! If it gets crowded in the cabin - there is always the Maharini lounge that actually has beds in it!!!!

Happy Sailing!

Archived