Carnival Dreams Cloud 9 Spa

We are planning on staying in a spa stateroom. I have some questions. 1)Passengers in the Spa staterooms have unlimited access to Cloud 9, (and other passengers paying to attend)is it always crowded? 2) What hours is it opened? 3) Please explain what these amenities are: Laconium, Tepidarium, Oriental Steam Bath, and Aroma Steam Bath?

4) What procedure does the Dreams use to give us access to Cloud 9 Spa? 5) Is it quick and efficient or are there lines of people waiting to have access to the spa?

Before we book the spa staterooms (3), I would like to know if it is worth the extra money.

We are planning on staying in a spa stateroom. I have some questions. 1)Passengers in the Spa staterooms have unlimited access to Cloud 9, (and other passengers paying to attend)is it always crowded? 2) What hours is it opened? 3) Please explain what these amenities are: Laconium, Tepidarium, Oriental Steam Bath, and Aroma Steam Bath?

4) What procedure does the Dreams use to give us access to Cloud 9 Spa? 5) Is it quick and efficient or are there lines of people waiting to have access to the spa?

Before we book the spa staterooms (3), I would like to know if it is worth the extra money.

We have had a Spa Balcony on the Splendor and a Spa Interior on the Dream.

1) The first TWO passengers get the wristband (or key or whatever they are using now) for admission to the Cloud 9 area.

2) Neither ship we sailed was crowded. I would go every morning first time for my Spa routine. Thalasso pool, Turkish Sauna, less hot sauna, relaxation room and cool down room.

3) The Oriental Steam Bath is what I call a Turkish Sauna on the Splendor...VERY HOT. However on the Dream is was the Aroma Steam bath that was the hottest. The Laconium and Tepidarium are relaxation rooms with heated ceramic tile beds.....

4) and 5) We sailed on both ships when they were first here in the US and they used the wristband system. You just walked in whenever you wanted to...no lines. I have heard that both have gone to a "key" system, to prevent people who have not paid for the service from just walking in. I do not know about lines to get the key.

6) Is it worth it? We booked the Spa cabins mainly because they are nonsmoking ( in the cabins and on the balconies). If that is not a concern...then it will only be worth it if you use it. I used it every day without fail. I have heard the cruise package offers this service (if you don't book a Spa cabin) for $250 for a couple. So that is the "value" of the Cloud 9 Spa package....

I am NOT a Spa person at all....but I loved it and will always have this service (either purchased or a Spa Cabin) on any ship that offers it.

I equate the Thalassotherapy pool to the hot mineral baths at places like Hot Springs, Ark. I left very relaxed.

One other thing...if you are looking at an interior cabin on deck 11 (we were in 11223)....there was a "gong" sound for 18 hours of our 9 day cruise. Something about the way the waves were hitting the ship......

the other interior cabins around us had it too, but I do not believe the Spa Balcony cabins heard it...

so just be aware...I don't know if they have fixed that yet....

It did not ruin our cruise...but it was annoying for those 18 hours...

One other thing...if you are looking at an interior cabin on deck 11 (we were in 11223)....there was a "gong" sound for 18 hours of our 9 day cruise. Something about the way the waves were hitting the ship......

the other interior cabins around us had it too, but I do not believe the Spa Balcony cabins heard it...

so just be aware...I don't know if they have fixed that yet....

It did not ruin our cruise...but it was annoying for those 18 hours...

Hi!

Can you ellaborate on the "gong"? Was it 18 hours each day, or 18 hours total? My mom will be in interior cabin 11211, so I wanted to give her as many details as possible.

Seems weird that the interior cabins would hear it and not the balcony ones. Could it be due to the proximity to whatever occupies the adjacent "white space" on the deck plans?

I was in room 12216, spa balcony, for the March 27th Dream cruise. I don't recommend this room--although convenient to the deck through the door beside the room, the sound of people running up the stairs to the water slides didn't support any "sleeping in" in the mornings. :rolleyes: I too found the cabins to be loud--very strange sounds in the way that the ship hit the waves and nothing I've ever heard before even though I've had forward cabins.

We enjoyed the spa, but I won't pay extra for the cabin again. It was nice to have, but not "need" to have...the steam rooms, however were wonderful and already well described by a previous poster. Since you get NO sauna without the package, if you like a good steam, it is certainly nice to have.

You get both a wrist band and a key. Each day when you go to the spa, you will hand over your room key at the front desk, receive a "snap on" wristband of the day, and a key to allow you into the pools, sauna, private locker rooms and lounge. They will cut off the wristband for you as you leave (or you can pull it off later) and will give you a new one if you come back the same day.

And these rooms are open when the spa is open so there's plenty of time to use them. I found them least busy in the mornings by the way.

Was there a line to get the key and wristband? Or could those in spa cabins bypass those waiting to purchase a day/week pass?

I just returned from the Dream on Saturday. I was in 11-242 and I didn't hear any noise at all. Perhaps I'm just a sound sleeper when I'm on a ship.

The Spa is always open when the rest of the gym is open. Although at first I was not happy with the new set-up for access to the Spa (having had unlimited access on the Splendor by wearing rubber bracelets and without the need for dropping our S&S cards and getting access cards and plastic bracelets), but it didn't turn out to be as bad as I expected. I too thought the lines at the spa desk to get the plastic bracelets and access cards would be horrible, but they were always quick and painless. The Spa is wonderful, we used it every day.

Does anyone know for sure how much a spa pass is per person if you don't have a spa suite? I've gotten several different answers. Thanks!

In January I think it was it was $249pp for the whole week. There were times when you could get day or reduced rates later in the cruise. We sometimes had some short lines to show our wrist bands and get the key card for the doors to the steamrooms and thallos pool. By short I mean 1 or two people.

We were in 11234 in January. We had rough weather but I don't recall any gong sounds. We did heard the thump of dumbbells being dropped in the gym and BIL/SIL in 11230 were awaken every morning by the thudding of the threadmills. I understand their use is now restricted. We're on the starboard side this next time 11209 and 11225...under the treatment rooms.

Lady Jag your Mom will be under the steam rooms, should be quiet. Since you're in spa cabins, I'm switching your chair hogging to the outboard clam shell on the starboard side of deck 12 Serenity deck. Same tan Spa towl; Same dog-earred cruise confidential...:D

Hi!

Can you ellaborate on the "gong"? Was it 18 hours each day, or 18 hours total? My mom will be in interior cabin 11211, so I wanted to give her as many details as possible.

Seems weird that the interior cabins would hear it and not the balcony ones. Could it be due to the proximity to whatever occupies the adjacent "white space" on the deck plans?

It was 18 hours TOTAL...out of a 9 day cruise. Oddly enough, we only heard it the one time (I believe it started on the evening of the first Sea Day and continued through the night).

It did sound like it had an "echo" effect to it......so I don't know if the "white space" was a contributor or not.

As soon as we got home, I emailed a VP there at Carnival (on a Sunday morning) and got a response Sunday afternoon...

so hopefully they have addressed the problem.

• 1 month later...
Was there a line to get the key and wristband? Or could those in spa cabins bypass those waiting to purchase a day/week pass?

hi lady jag i heard from crewsweeper u where in 11205 on the dream can u tell me all about it what was the vip perks thanks

hi lady jag i heard from crewsweeper u where in 11205 on the dream can u tell me all about it what was the vip perks thanks

Hi there! We were in room 11203 (Oceanview Spa cabin) and my mom was in 11211 (Interior Spa cabin). I'm not sure about the VIP perks, as I'm not VIP...yet. ;) I documented my experience in my review (there's a link to it in my siggy.)

I definitely heard the "gong" on my March 27th Dream cruise. It was a bit strange. At times it definitely startled me. It could be heard early on in the trip. I remember by the time we got to St. Thomas I never heard it again but I kept trying to put my finger on what the noise sounded like. I was in room 11217. I definitely like the spa access. The thalasso pool was my favorite. I did go there daily. My husband loved the showers in the spa area. He actually would take his daily shower or two down there b/c the size of the showers were amazing large compared to the staterooms. At times there a minute or two wait for you go get your wristband and to leave your s&s card with the spa staff however it wasn't anything to complain about. I enjoyed the experience, however I'm not for sure if I/wed'd do it again. I am sure my husband would say to spend the extra money on a balcony instead.

Hope you have a terrific cruise!

Cindy

GO SAINTS!:D

Archived