Man overboard

Mauritius is NOT a third world country

It may not be a third world country, but I'm pretty sure they have sweat shops there turning out cheap textile goods for American consumers and bargain hunters from other countries as well. I've seen Mauritius as the "country of origin" spelled out on cartons in the aisles of low cost clothing stores for years.

As far as the crew member that jumped, that is sad. Apparently he must of had a reason to do this, and no generous tip or kind word could have prevented this IMO.:(

We were on that sailing.............:(

And the men that jumped over board was our assistant-waiter........:(

No need to say that we were VERY VERY SADDEN by this. We liked it very much, my daughters and my husband only speaks french and the hole 6 days before this thing he made sure to speak french with them, making all of us very comfortable in the dining room.

To do such a desperate act, he must have had many problems that ANYONE did not know about.......

Life on a cruise is good for passengers but not always for crew members:(

Wow, I wonder if it was our asst-waiter from our cruise. His name was Anish and he was wonderful. We spoke french with him also.

Irregardless, it is a horrible end to a young life..our thoughts go out to the family.

The book has mixed reviews. I'll cheerfully admit that I couldn't put it down. I had no idea that the waiters were responsible for their gear - utensils, creamer, etc. Had no idea what ordering 2 entrees meant for the waiter (we've never once done that), didn't realize the powerful role politics played ... etc etc etc. Dealing with the public and multiple personalities is never easy but seems to be magnified in the closed cruise ship atmosphere. What was clear to me is that it's survival of the fittest and not for sissies. (Please, no flames for that comment ... just a figure of speech.)

What does ordering double entrees do to the waiter?

Anything I can do to not be a sucky customer is helpful - We loved our waiter and his assistant last cruise, they made the meal fantastic for us.

What does ordering double entrees do to the waiter?

I would like to know the answer to this question also. Maybe we should start a new thread. Based on the way the kitchen works, I think that as long as you order everything at the same time, it does not matter how many items you order. The problem occurs if you send something back or ask for another dish after you have received your initial selections. Does someone want to make this a new thread??

Archived