Does Carnival use Splenda

maoffive

We are going on the Triumph in Feb and would like to know if Carnival uses splenda sweetener.

My DH is diabetic and I'm on Adkins since we only like splenda I would like to know if I need to bring my own. Thanks

We were ont he Glory last May and they had Plenty of Slpenda on there..my kids used it to make homemade lemonade everynight at dinner. By the end of the cruise I think our whole table was doing it..was wonderful..no after taste like sweet and low and equal.

Just for your info - I had never heard of Splenda until reading this message board - saw a headline tonight on Netscape News about it, which stated in part:

"We feel the public needs to be aware that Splenda is an artificial chemical sweetener. Splenda is created with chlorine, and the final product does not have sugar in it," he said.

Talks of lawsuits, etc. I don't know how long they keep the articles up, but it's at the following link if anyone is interested.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=ne-odd-12-l3&flok=FF-RTO-reodd&idq=/ff/story/0002%2F20050201%2F1010800872.htm&sc=reodd

Just for your info - I had never heard of Splenda until reading this message board - saw a headline tonight on Netscape News about it, which stated in part:

"We feel the public needs to be aware that Splenda is an artificial chemical sweetener. Splenda is created with chlorine, and the final product does not have sugar in it," he said.

Talks of lawsuits, etc. I don't know how long they keep the articles up, but it's at the following link if anyone is interested.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=ne-odd-12-l3&flok=FF-RTO-reodd&idq=/ff/story/0002%2F20050201%2F1010800872.htm&sc=reodd

I absolutely LOVE splenda! If it doesn't kill me.... GRILLED foods now will... LOL

Tom

Splenda is created with chlorine,

People will always look for a reason to sue. The water you drink, bathe and swim in is all treated with chlorine. Whether you like it or not you ingest some chlorine nearly daily. Splenda is sugar in which one of the molecules is replaced by a chlorine molecule. Unless you are swallowing it by the handful (incidentally like some children do with pool water/shower water/tap water) then I doubt you are going to have much of a problem.

Sweet-N-Low also causes cancer in lab mice...the rate you would have to ingest it to have similar results would be to swallow about a pound of it a day. Not very likely or practical.

Considering almost anything will give you cancer now days, you have two choices...go hide in the rainforest and eat bugs and berries and nuts. Or you can live life, be happy and have the time you have...unless you have the hotline to God, your time is your time and when it's up, it's up.

Of all the artificial sweeteners, Splenda is one of the safest... far safer than Nutra Sweet, and other sweeteners on the market which are not basically "sugar".... Most people that cannot tolerate artificial sweetener can tolerate Splenda, because it is not your typical sweetener.... People will always look for reasons to find something wrong with a product, but 4years plus on Splenda and I have had no problems, although I use it in moderation....it is FAR better than the alternatives.... Splenda is MADE from sugar and suitable for those with diabetes, although should be monitored by a doctor because basically Splenda (Sucralose) is chlorinated sugar... it is one of the safer forms of "artificial sweeterners" out there. I love it, but only use about 2 tsps a week, and have not had a problem in years... I have my blood monitored and vitals checked quarterly.

I had read the Sugar Association would be launching a suit against Splenda, mainly because their sales are suffering.

First things are bad for you (eggs, red meat, etc), then they are good for you, now they are bad again. Makes my head spin.

Yet, I will continue to use Splenda.

Archived