Deciding b/w Oasis, Freedom, Eclipse, Epic

labs8

We would like to go on an Eastern Caribbean cruise in February and are deciding between the Oasis, Freedom, Eclipse or Epic. I know the Epic is brand new but was wondering if anyone could comment on the Norwegian Line compared to Royal Caribbean. The ship sounds great but they do not offer private babysitting. I am curious to know if the food is better or worse on Norwegian over Royal Caribbean. We will have our 6 yr old and 3.5 yr old and like the private babysitting that is offered on RC for the evenings instead of having to wake our kids up at the children's group babysitting programs. I should also mention we are in our mid 30's and early 40's. We have the budget for a Grand Suite on Freedom, Celebrity Suite on Eclipse, but probably only an Ocean Balcony room, not suite, on Oasis. I have read a lot of posts on this site and read several negative reviews about Oasis but not very many about Freedom, such as long lines, sold out shows, smoking, not great customer service, thefts, and bumpy and noisy on Oasis, and expensive incidentals on the ship. Is the concierge service worth it to go with the Grand Suite on Freedom? We liked the idea of priority boarding, seating at shows, etc. and are wondering if we will have better service on Freedom over Oasis. We were advised that it is worth it to go on the Oasis in a much smaller room but are hesitant to do that. We were ready to book Eclipse but after speaking with several RC agents, it sounded like the focus on Eclipse is the restaurants and spa and that we would have more to do for everyone on Freedom or Oasis. Also, have read a little about Allure. Am assuming that will be more expensive than the Oasis. Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer with our decision.

Everything Iv read says Oasis is worth it. I have it booked myself for next year, so it would be my choice. I dont like anytime dining so wouldnt like that on NCL. NCL as a cruiseline doesnt appeal to me. Oasis is a beautiful ship vs a ugly wierd looking Epic? I like beautiful ships. I do Carnival and when we are in port with a RCL ship, I think to myself, how much prettier the RCL ship is .. which is enjoyable during the cruise.

Oasis has a zipline, new higher class shows, lots of food venues, doesnt feel crowded like the new Carnival Dream. I dont know you or the prices though, how much price difference are you looking at?

Thanks. A Grand Suite on Oasis would be $8,805, compared to 6,979 on Freedom. We could get a Junior Suite w/balcony for $7,445, but I don't think that includes insurance yet. An Ocean facing with balcony is 5,245 but the size of the room is about 1/2 the size of the Grand Suite on Freedom. What kind of room will you be staying in? Did you look into Allure? Are the shows and food much better on Oasis over Freedom? I read several negative comments on this site about Oasis, about shows being sold out, a lot of smoke in bars/restaurants, noisy, bumpy. I asked a RC agent about it and she said she hasn't heard these things.

We were on Freedom and really enjoyed it. Comparitively speaking we had trouble exploring and finding everything in 7 days on Freedom, I still can't image doing it on Oasis. Oasis is a cool looking beast though. Personally though, I'd wait utill your kids were a bit older and could really appreciate all the cool perks of Oasis. Also, maybe by then the prices might be better. So, all in all, I'd vote for Freedom. :)

Archived