Any Recent Updates on Coffee on the Journey?

Zoolander

Anybody experience the coffee of Azamara recently?:confused:

I LOVE strong and bold coffee and from the posts in the past thread, it looks as if I will be able to find what I am looking for in August.:)

Couple questions about Cova Cafe/Mosaic Cafe/Cafe:

1. With the changes, are there still additional charges for some of the coffee drinks?

2. I thought that CC might be located in Windows, but I don't think that is correct, so where is CC located?

3. Is coffee served in Windows if CC is not there? That IS a nice view!

4. What are the hours of the CC? Are the machines in the buffet available at all times?

5. Is the picture on the Azamara site of the "Cafe" the Cova Cafe or Mosaic Cafe?:confused:

Thanks in advance.;)

We just returned from the Journey voyage, Barcelona to Venice.

The coffe varied widely. On the outdoor seating area of Windows it was weak, also on the starboard side indoor machine. The port side indoor machine had much better coffee. We used a shot of espresso and then one of "American coffee" to get a good stong cup. The coffee in Discoveries was also not notabley stong.

We had cappucino in the Cova Cafe which was good, along with some nice afternoon tea treats.

Vincent,

Thanks.

I am an EARLY riser. Any time constraints?

Is there somebody working the "cafe", or is it a machine as well. Are the coffee "drinks" now complimentary. And what is available? I no it isn't StarBucks but just wondering what they might have if I decide to branch out. Espresso sounds great though.

ZL

Couple questions about Cova Cafe/Mosaic Cafe/Cafe:

1. With the changes, are there still additional charges for some of the coffee drinks?

2. I thought that CC might be located in Windows, but I don't think that is correct, so where is CC located?

3. Is coffee served in Windows if CC is not there? That IS a nice view!

4. What are the hours of the CC? Are the machines in the buffet available at all times?

On Journey, Cova Café was on the 5th floor at the top of the Grand Staircase portside. It was open daily from 7:00 am till wee hours. You could opt for table service, grab a stool at the bar or get your order for take-out. There was a full menu of various specialty coffees. Cappuccino, espresso & lattes were all complementary while other concoctions, usually with booze, were at additional charge.

There was also a serving trolley with goodies available. At breakfast, there were miniature quiche, yoghurt/fruit parfait & baked goods. At mid-day, there with panini, stuffed croissants, focaccia sandwiches & various desserts. Biscotti & cookies were always available. Cova Café was a favorite hang-out for us. The espresso con panna was addictive!

The coffee in 2009 wasn't great. However, the coffee has greatly improved. The machine at the stern deck of Windows is outstanding. The crew told me that it is new...and the plan was to replace all the machines soon. Also, the Cova Cafe (soon to be Mosaic-same location near the shops and piano) has great coffee.....is open 24/7. Teas are unusual and really good. Room service also has good coffee. Order the chocolate chip cookie with it. What a great treat.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the best way to get a great cup of coffee. Go to any of the machines with a large cup. First press expresso, when that stops and you get green lights, press cappachino. If you don't want milk in it, press plain coffee. Choose caf or decaf as you like. Want it iced - get a glass of ice, and pour it over - I had everyone asking what my formula was and that's it. Only thing missing was a shot of whipped cream, and could have gone over to the dessert bar for that but too lazy!

I just returned from a back to back on Journey...the first week I struggled considerably with the machines...coffee was horrid to say the least. Although if you like strong heavy coffee it was probably for the OP. By week two they had replaced the machines...apparently they had been waiting for someone to program them. The new machines were pretty darn good for the most part...not completely consistent. I seemed to always prefer to get coffee from the large dispensers they had previously brewed in places unknown and were to the left of the coffee machines on a seperate tiny table adjacent to the bussing station. I think the inconsistency in the coffees from the machines also has to do with who is putting the coffee in them as I observed on several ocassions...or atleast it is a guess.:p

Archived