London Jewelry Store

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a decent jeweler to purchase a gold charm for a charm bracelet. I try to get one at most places we visit. It's my souvineer.

We'll be on London next month for a few days pre cruise.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

Links of London is probably your best bet, they have stores all over the place.

http://www.linksoflondon.com/

Barring that, jewelry stores are a dime a dozen in this city, so just keep an eye on windows as you walk by. The stalls in Covent Garden would also be a good place to look, as would almost any other street market.

Thank you! We are going to spend time at Covent Garden so I will look there too.

Have a great day!

Peggy

All the main (expensive) jewelry stores are in Bond Street (off Piccadilly)

Sloane Square has a Links of London, Tiffanys and Cartier all next door to each other.

Ernest Jones and H Samuels (chain-stores) are everywhere.

All the main (expensive) jewelry stores are in Bond Street (off Piccadilly)

Sloane Square has a Links of London, Tiffanys and Cartier all next door to each other.

Ernest Jones and H Samuels (chain-stores) are everywhere.

Thanks!!

Not really looking for expensive...just reputable. Someplace a local would shop.

Links is really popular and charms are one of their best selling items. Just google Links of London and you will see how many charms they stock. Predominantly their stock is silver with very limited choice in gold.

Wherever you buy, remember gold here is different to the US. We have 9ct, 18ct etc... from memory, the stuff I have bought in the US has been 14ct (so, quality somewhere in the middle).

There are some really lovely independent jewellers around (try near Victoria station for some good ones) - they tend to stock 2nd hand vintage/antique gold charms (all in good condition) that have had a previous life. That can be a nice way of purchasing something pretty unique. I've bought a couple like that and it is great knowing they are not mass produced and each can tell an individual story.

Links is really popular and charms are one of their best selling items. Just google Links of London and you will see how many charms they stock. Predominantly their stock is silver with very limited choice in gold.

Wherever you buy, remember gold here is different to the US. We have 9ct, 18ct etc... from memory, the stuff I have bought in the US has been 14ct (so, quality somewhere in the middle).

There are some really lovely independent jewellers around (try near Victoria station for some good ones) - they tend to stock 2nd hand vintage/antique gold charms (all in good condition) that have had a previous life. That can be a nice way of purchasing something pretty unique. I've bought a couple like that and it is great knowing they are not mass produced and each can tell an individual story.

What a wonderful suggestion. I love the idea of a 2nd hand vintage charm. Thank you so much!

You say near Victoria Station? I will definitely go there.

What a wonderful suggestion. I love the idea of a 2nd hand vintage charm. Thank you so much!

You and I collect the same thing. I will be looking in London but my back up plan is F. Hinds or H. Samuel at the Quays Shopping Center in Southampton. According to both of their websites they carry gold charms at reasonable prices. This is where I'll be the morning we board the Epic if I don't find something I like in London. We need to share our finds at the meet and greet.:D

You and I collect the same thing. I will be looking in London but my back up plan is F. Hinds or H. Samuel at the Quays Shopping Center in Southampton. According to both of their websites they carry gold charms at reasonable prices. This is where I'll be the morning we board the Epic if I don't find something I like in London. We need to share our finds at the meet and greet.:D

I love it!

Thanks for the idea of looking at Southampton too. Not sure how much time I'll have there but it's another place to look. I know me....I'll find something in London.

I'm hoping to get a phone box or Big Ben charm. I hope I can afford to get one in gold and one in silver. Silver is always affordable.

What a are you looking for...anything in particular? We will share at the meet and greet for sure.

I love it!

Thanks for the idea of looking at Southampton too. Not sure how much time I'll have there but it's another place to look. I know me....I'll find something in London.

I'm hoping to get a phone box or Big Ben charm. I hope I can afford to get one in gold and one in silver. Silver is always affordable.

What a are you looking for...anything in particular? We will share at the meet and greet for sure.

I don't have anything in particular in mind just something in gold. I did see a crown at online at one of the stores I mentioned above that I thought would be kind of neat but I'm not committed. I just want something to remind me of the trip.

I would suggest you look online to get an idea of the different types of charms and their prices in both gold and silver. In my research I have found that 9ct seems to be the norm for gold charms and the prices are cheap to what were they thinking range and I'm not usually surprised by the price.

West Quay is open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm during the week just in case you don't find something in London. Both of the jewelery stores I mentioned are on the upper level.

Good luck in your hunting and I'll be curious to see what you find.

I don't have anything in particular in mind just something in gold. I did see a crown at online at one of the stores I mentioned above that I thought would be kind of neat but I'm not committed. I just want something to remind me of the trip.

I would suggest you look online to get an idea of the different types of charms and their prices in both gold and silver. In my research I have found that 9ct seems to be the norm for gold charms and the prices are cheap to what were they thinking range and I'm not usually surprised by the price.

West Quay is open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm during the week just in case you don't find something in London. Both of the jewelery stores I mentioned are on the upper level.

Good luck in your hunting and I'll be curious to see what you find.

Hi,

Good idea looking at websites. H Samuels has a Big Ben gold charm I like but not much else. A lot of places seem to carrry a lot of slider charms and not a lot of traditional charms.

I'm going to try the vintage places near Victoria and if I don't find anything there I'll go to H Samuels. At least I have a back up plan now.

Can't wait to see what you end up with too. :)

There are literally 100s of jewellers scattered around London.

H Samuel, Ernest Jones etc. are a chain of stores with mass produced items. They are actually owned by the company that also owns Kay in the US.

If you want something specific, like Big Ben etc. then you will struggle to find something like that second hand. An independent jeweller will sell old and new, but obviously the old stuff very much depends on what he has managed to pick up at that time.

With the chain stores, you know what stock they are carrying as they all stock exactly the same stuff.

I will try to get some names/addresses of independent jewellers and paste them on here.

There are literally 100s of jewellers scattered around London.

I will try to get some names/addresses of independent jewellers and paste them on here.

Wow! That is very kind of you. Thank you!

Archived