I Guess Carnival got sick of MrPete's whining.

big_duck

Just did a bit of research, as someone in a previous post said that they are booked on Pride out of Baltimore on 4/17, which is one of the dates CCL said they would be switching the itinerary to Bermuda. I priced the "old" itinerary on that date, and compared it to the Victory (SJ) which is the cruise I was going to book for 4/17. The Pride is almost $700 more for a similar category balcony cabin! (and this is why I still haven't cruised out of NY- the Northeast prices are always more than Florida, etc.) For the same price I can get an aft wrap on Victory, or even a suite! Then there is airfare to factor in. I can drive to Baltimore, but dh would want to grab a shuttle flight. Hotel is a wash, as I have Holiday Inn points for free rooms. I also have 2 free airfares due to miles. So I may just go for the Victory - at least I will probably get warmer weather and water temps than the Bahamas. And here I was all hyped up for Bermuda.:p

You're absolutely right. I'm booked on the 4/17 cruise and I could have bought 3 airline tickets and flown to Miami for about the same price as leaving from Baltimore. The bigger rub is I actually have FF miles and could have saved $$ by just going to Miami. But, our plans are not set for sure and and can't chance flight arrangements. That's the beauty of being able to drive an hour and can cancel 70 days prior. But it certainly is a significant price difference for leaving from the NE/MidAtlantic area. Guess they feel enough people will not want to fly and have enough people to pull from the geographical surroundings.

I am somewhat curious how they'll handle those already booked, assume they'll just change us over and as expensive as it is, hope they don't up it some more now that the port is much more attractive than PT Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau.

This is great news....will be looking to sail in Sept. or Oct. from either Baltimore or NY. Anyone one of you fine people want to start up a CC group cruise for any of these dates??:D

I was wondering how long before we had a CC group forming! :D We are looking at either the Oct. 18th date from Norfolk or the Nov. 2nd date from Baltimore, though. Could also do the Oct 2nd date, but the later Oct. or Nov. is really better for us.

I am somewhat curious how they'll handle those already booked, assume they'll just change us over and as expensive as it is, hope they don't up it some more now that the port is much more attractive than PT Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau.

I am almost 100% sure you will be "grandfathered" into the new itinerary. It happened to us for this December's Dream cruise. They changed itinerary/prices/length of cruise. We ended up with a real bargain - 9 days for the price of 7. I am sure some people will be disappointed with the change to Bermuda. CCL will give them the option to change ships, or probably cancel altogether without penalty. At least they aren't changing ports on you - then people would have air issues! (or maybe not - it may be too early for air to be open for booking)

I am almost 100% sure you will be "grandfathered" into the new itinerary. It happened to us for this December's Dream cruise. They changed itinerary/prices/length of cruise. We ended up with a real bargain - 9 days for the price of 7. I am sure some people will be disappointed with the change to Bermuda. CCL will give them the option to change ships, or probably cancel altogether without penalty. At least they aren't changing ports on you - then people would have air issues! (or maybe not - it may be too early for air to be open for booking)

Same thing they did with the Spirit a couple weeks ago. You could book on a 9 day cruise and your 8 day rate was protected.

We could do the Nov.6th date out of Baltimore but will it still be warm in Bermuda then?

We did a Bermuda cruise on RCCL Nov 1st '07 out of Cape Liberty.

Seas were quite calm, temps were in the 80's during our 2 days in Bermuda.

Oliver

We could do the Nov.6th date out of Baltimore but will it still be warm in Bermuda then?

That would work great for us. I also think that may be Veteran's Day week for those of us who get holidays off so less vacation time needed. :D

I love the Pride and sailing out of Baltimore is great!

Now to get someone to head up the CC group cruise!!

You should! :D I'm afraid to commit to that this early on. I'd like to book when things open up but under a regular refundable rate - we won't know for sure if DH will have enough time accrued to do this one until after he has shoulder surgery later this year. I all depends on how much time he has to take off for the surgery. I wouldn't feel right trying to set up a group and not knowing for sure i could go.

Group Cruise :mad: DO U like paying extra so others can cruise on your dollar :eek:!

What extra? Rates are usually at least close to early saver but refundable. At one time group rates were the cheapest way to go. The group cruise leaders I know of also earn every bit of it and probably come out behind - they spend an incredible amount of time, energy, and even their own money getting things organized.

It's also a myth that a group leader gets a free ride. I set up a group (personal, not CC) for some family. We booked a balcony but everyone else wanted insides - my total back at the end was only going to be something like $111 since they deduct taxes/port charges and an administrative fee from what they give you back.

Group Cruise :mad: DO U like paying extra so others can cruise on your dollar :eek:!

You either have never booked with a group or have booked with a group with a group leader that was a tad selfish. In that case, you need new friends. :eek:

Every time we book with a group, the leader puts the refunded $$$ into a cocktail party aboard the ship.

Personally for me, when I ran a group last August, I had to shell out the money for a 2 hour cocktail party and the DJ and wasn't refunded until after the cruise.

So, no, I did not sail on anyone else's dime. The group rate everyone got for the cruise was very good compared to the cheapest prices offered. (about $100 less PP for a balcony cabin) PLUS there was added OBC

What extra? Rates are usually at least close to early saver but refundable. At one time group rates were the cheapest way to go. The group cruise leaders I know of also earn every bit of it and probably come out behind - they spend an incredible amount of time, energy, and even their own money getting things organized.

It's also a myth that a group leader gets a free ride. I set up a group (personal, not CC) for some family. We booked a balcony but everyone else wanted insides - my total back at the end was only going to be something like $111 since they deduct taxes/port charges and an administrative fee from what they give you back.

You either have never booked with a group or have booked with a group with a group leader that was a tad selfish. In that case, you need new friends. :eek:

Every time we book with a group, the leader puts the refunded $$$ into a cocktail party aboard the ship.

Personally for me, when I ran a group last August, I had to shell out the money for a 2 hour cocktail party and the DJ and wasn't refunded until after the cruise.

So, no, I did not sail on anyone else's dime. The group rate everyone got for the cruise was very good compared to the cheapest prices offered. (about $100 less PP for a balcony cabin) PLUS there was added OBC

Don't waste your breath, Ego has this dumb idea in his head and there is no shaking it, many have tried.

Don't waste your breath, Ego has this dumb idea in his head and there is no shaking it, many have tried.

Duck, good Morning. It's not a stupid idea . Its just the way I see it ;).

How many Free berths can one person receve with 200 CC members in the group ? Sure :rolleyes: you have to pay port charges etc.

Some of you people have made a living cruising off the other man .

The name is Egon, i'll leave the ego for you .

How many Free berths can one person receve with 200 CC members in the group ? Sure :rolleyes: you have to pay port charges etc.

Apparently, this is how YOU think, and how YOU would coordinate a group cruise.

I did one group cruise, and the "free" berth fare was dispersed to all cruisers. But I got group leader perks on board.

Now that you have made the accusation, though, who are you accusing that have made a living cruising off the other man? What group cruises have you gone on?

The maximum is 2. Perhaps a bit of self education on your part would allow you to form opinions of some value.

The information may be located here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groupleader.cfm

Apparently, this is how YOU think, and how YOU would coordinate a group cruise.?

Touché

Anyone who would be the kind of group leader we describe, would never even consider Egon's scenerio...it would never enter our minds. The one who is the most distrusting is usually the one not to trust.

]Apparently' date=' this is how YOU think, and how YOU would coordinate a group cruise.[/color'][/b]

WRONG I don't do group cruises,much less coordinate one.

Don't put words in my mouth here Pete, it's not becoming of you .

Answer the question , how many free births will one person receve for two hundred CC group members ;)

]Apparently' date=' this is how YOU think, and how YOU would coordinate a group cruise.[/color'][/b]

WRONGI don't do group cruises,much less coordinate one.

Don't put words in my mouth here Pete, it's not becoming of you .

Answer the question , how many free births will one person receve for two hundred CC group members ;)

Duck answered you already.

Not that it matters. You're mind is made up.

Archived