Fantasy?

I know that the Dream is coming out in 2011, but does anyone know when the other new boat is coming out? I think it's called the Fantasy... not sure though. Is this ship planning on doing longer cruises? I really want to try one of their new ships, but I want to do at least a 7 day cruise. I don't like going to Nassau and I have to fly my whole family of 6 to Florida to take the cruise, so it's a better value for me if I go for longer. It also feels like I've taken a real vacation if it's a little longer. Anyone out there have any good info. for me?

I know that the Dream is coming out in 2011, but does anyone know when the other new boat is coming out? I think it's called the Fantasy... not sure though. Is this ship planning on doing longer cruises? I really want to try one of their new ships, but I want to do at least a 7 day cruise. I don't like going to Nassau and I have to fly my whole family of 6 to Florida to take the cruise, so it's a better value for me if I go for longer. It also feels like I've taken a real vacation if it's a little longer. Anyone out there have any good info. for me?

The second of the Dream class is indeed the Disney Fantasy. She is due out in 2012. Best guess at the moment is that she will be in service mid to late 2012.

After the Dream is floated out in late 2010, the drydock is slated to go to the Celebrity Silouhette which is due out 2011.Then theyll do the same with the Fantasy that they did with the Dream, in that theyll build her 1 st 1/3 as far as they can (In a section of the dock separate from the Sillouhette)until the Silouhette is out of the way then continue.

If I had to guess, the Fantasy will be doing the 7s out of PC.The Dream will probably keep the 3/4/5. Either way both new ships will be at PC for the next 3 -5 years. I forget off hand what the contract length is for.

If you go to this address, you can see pic of the Dream being built. They update the pics weekly.

Best guess at this point is that any news reagrding the Fantasies, and the Magics for 2012, will be in the fall around Septish.

Does anyone know when the other new boat is coming out? I think it's called the Fantasy...

I believe the sister ship to Dream is coming out in 2012 sometime.;)

If I had to guess, the Fantasy will be doing the 7s out of PC.The Dream will probably keep the 3/4/5. Either way both new ships will be at PC for the next 3 -5 years. I forget off hand what the contract length is for.

If I were a betting woman, I'd say the Fantasy will do the Bahamas cruises and the Dream will do the 7-night Caribbean cruises. Either way - one of the new ships will take over the Magic's route.

Weve got a 50/50 chance to get it right. The reason Im thinking the Fantasy will get the 7s is that its easier to plug the new ship into the 7s then the Dream which is doing 3/4. In order for the Dream to take over the 7s, shed have to extend more than a few cruises or shorten 1 to come in on Sat to leave for the 7 days. Its easier in the end.

Weve got a 50/50 chance to get it right. The reason Im thinking the Fantasy will get the 7s is that its easier to plug the new ship into the 7s then the Dream which is doing 3/4. In order for the Dream to take over the 7s, shed have to extend more than a few cruises or shorten 1 to come in on Sat to leave for the 7 days. Its easier in the end.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Magic do the 3/4 day cruises when it first came out, than once the Wonder was completed, she took over the 3/4 days cruises ?

My guess would be they would do the same this time, right?

The Magic and the Wonder both did 3/4s for a while,together. The Magic I want to say left on Sat and Weds, and the Wonder on Sun and Thurs.I dont remember off hand how long this went on, but it was for at least a year AFTER the Wonder came out that they both were doing the same itineraries.Just different days.Id have to go back and look and see when the first 7 day popped up.The relative unknown in the equation is the Magic. Shell definitely b doing something different, its just any ones guess where. Im thinking shell get special trips or 10 day or longer trips to the southern carribean, Panama Canal trips, maybe in a year or 2(after her next year in Europe) she might go back for another round of short visits.

As long as one of the new ships has a 7 day after the Fantasy starts sailing. We are excited to be going on the Dream but we wish it was 7 nights and not 5. I know it will appear shorter since the last cruise we went on (Carnival) was 7 nights.

We are excited to go to Castaway Cay twice though!!

Archived