I need ideas- low key excursions?

missingmaui

We will be cruising with my in-laws, who are 64 and 70 years old. We won't be drinking, and I need ideas about what to do with them. I've looked into Nachi Cocum, but I'm not sure if it's cost effective if we don't drink, and I'm worried that it might be too wild for the ILs. Any ideas for what to do with them? My MIL isn't very active (bad knees), so we can't do anything that requires a lot of physical activity. I guess I'm looking for a beach with food available and maybe some activities for DH and I, but where the ILs can relax and enjoy the water. Anything come to mind?

Well this is not a beach thing, but I was 'doing the day' in Cozumel with an older woman with rheumatoid arthritis and we did the Cozumel Highlights and shopping. 1) the bus was airconditioned(heaven)

2. We saw far more in our 4-5 hours than you would see just going to a defined location. And at no time we were "forced" to shop. The shopping experience was education about products, and how to tell the real from fake.

3. We did a museum, El Cedral and the eastern coast drive-FANTASTIC!!!- a tequila factory, and then back to town where we could decide whether or not we wanted to get out and shop. A very enjoyable day. Your folks may want to do this on their own, they won't feel lonely and I'm 56, and was the youngest one on the bus.

Thanks you so much for the tip. What cruiseline were you on? We will be on NCL, and I'll check to see if they offer something like this. Was the shopping, museum and coastal drive all part on the same excursion, or did you book them separately on your own? I appreciate the help- trying to find things that my ILs can do has been the most challenging part of trip planning! I wouldn't change a thing, though. I'm thrilled that we can cruise together. :)

Archived