Amsterdam 14 day Alaskan cruise $1000 more

messymarie

From my friends in the travel business, the peak cruise season in Alaska is mid June to Mid July. One good reason- the weather is best.

We have 3 cruises in Alaska under our belt- late June into early July, mid August, and early Sept. The most expensive and best weather was the June cruise. All were 7 day cruises.

This corresponds with my friends in the fire service and weather business who know the weather starts to get wetter after Aug 1, and the Alaskan fire season ends about Aug 1.

I guess the ultimate reason they charge $1000 more is because they charge what the market will bear. Basic rule of capitalism. I think, tho, the demand for Alaska cruises has expanded into May and Sept because of the cost during peak times, as well as general demand.

I know I paid plenty more that if I had booked for May or Sept.....but I chose the cruise I wanted to go on and was willing to pay for it. Special excorted sailing for my TA....celebrating Amsterdam's 10th anniversary.

Archived