Just back from the Fascination!

Hello everyone. We just got back from a 5 day on the Fascination and had a GREAT time. No sewer smell, made it to Half Moon Cay, and the ship looks fabulous!

We have decided we don't like sea days so next time we are going on a 7 day out of San Juan because it only has ports no sea days.

If anyone has questions, I will try to answer them...

Hey alp1979, thanx for the post. Glad to hear you had a great cruise!!

What room catagory were you in? We booked a balcony and have no info on them b/c they are new. Hoping you stayed in one or saw one:).

Also do you remember how your matre'd was? We were wondering if they changed when they did the referb. We always have a few special requests, I like to know who I will be speaking with. I know a few of them. No big deal if you dont remember!!

Lastly, did you rent a cabana on HMC? If so, which one?

Welcome home:D

What room catagory were you in? We booked a balcony and have no info on them b/c they are new. Hoping you stayed in one or saw one:).

Also do you remember how your matre'd was? We were wondering if they changed when they did the referb. We always have a few special requests, I like to know who I will be speaking with. I know a few of them. No big deal if you dont remember!!

We were on the Fascination the sailing before the poster. We had a blonde lady as our maitr'd but I don't recall her name. It was the first time however that I think a maitr'd really made a difference in our dining enjoyment. She really interacted with the people from day 1 and even apologized in advance because the waiters couldn't sing very well ... she was right!

Why does everyone always mention a sewage smell, well the lack of a sewage smell when it comes to the Fascination. We will be on her in OMG 211 days..(too long a wait) and everytime I read a review about her, the writer states they did not smell the sewage smell. Help me out here? Where was your cabin?

We also just got off the Fascination. We were in M 132 and only smelled the smell while we were in Jacksonville. On embark day and disembark day. Other than my room, I never smelled it anywhere else.

Pat

Sister and I had this same discussion, we finally came to the conclusion that the ones complaining are traveling with someone who passes alot of gas and is probably found walking in front of the unknowing complainer alot.

We were on the Veranda on the Apr. 12th sailing -- I think the only "smell" was coming from the industrial area surrounding the port facility; the ship was fine!

I have been traveling thru Jax. for years, it always smell of sulfur. Have you ever tasted their water... P...U...:mad:

Hey we had one of the new center ship balconies room M127 on the May 1 sailing, the balcony was nice size bigger the the regular balconies we were told by others that had the older balconies. They did a great job on the ship, never smelled anything even on the balcony which we went on quite often. We had a great time, Our maitre D was Dario in the Sensation dining room. We had a great dining room staff as well.

Hey we had one of the new center ship balconies room M127 on the May 1 sailing, the balcony was nice size bigger the the regular balconies we were told by others that had the older balconies. They did a great job on the ship, never smelled anything even on the balcony which we went on quite often. We had a great time, Our maitre D was Dario in the Sensation dining room. We had a great dining room staff as well.

Dario....Woo Hoo!:)

Archived