Can teens purchase things with their card?

I have a 15 year old son, We are going on a princess cruise in 2 weeks.

I was wondering if children/teens can actually buy things with their ship cards like the rest of us? I don't mean alcohol, but like trinkets from the gift shop, sodas, coffees, and anything else he might see. He really needs that independence and I would hate for some ship employee to tell him that he's too young to buy that and to come back with a parent, if you know what I mean.

Thanks a bunch!

Yes they can. When you fill out your preboarding info, you designate who can charge to your on board account. You can also go to the pursers desk and set a limit on their card. No surprises at the end.

Yes they can. When you fill out your preboarding info, you designate who can charge to your on board account. You can also go to the pursers desk and set a limit on their card. No surprises at the end.

Perfect! That's great, and thanks a bunch for the quick reply

Absolutely, as long as you mark it on your account that he can charge. But definitely be sure to set a limit on it at the purser's desk in case he misplaces his card.

Have fun!

We took our daughter on many cruises (starting at age 5) and she was Diamond with RCI by the time she reached 18. But on one cruise (she was about 12) we got a surprise with our final statement when we noticed our little girl had run up a drink tab. It turned out that she was sitting in one of the bars with several girl friends (drinking virgin drinks) and she picked-up the tab. My point is that not only should you set a limit with the purser, but you might also want to "lay down the law" in advance!

Hank

Archived