Tourist traps or places to avoid

Name Of The Game

Hi, I was wondering which places are on your "miss list". Which places have subpar overpriced food? Anything that's a ripoff? Places not worth the time/money? Thanks.

Captain Mario's Seafood Feast on Duval. They put out a large table of samples of what you can gete which just sits there all day and goes to waste. There are a few people who are attracted to the All You Can Eat aspect, but most find the food tasteless and the whole place unattractive.

I don't go to Margeritaville anymore but still drop into Sloppy Joe's for a beer and to people watch.

Pjk

I found Margaritaville to be complete waste of time. Too commercial. I was crushed because I LOVE Jimmy Buffet.

My next cruise I am parasailing (again) - loved it and walking the island to find the best conch fritters (The Key West Conch Fritter Co), best margarita (Ocean Key Resort) and chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick (not sure where I'm heading for that yet).

I agree about Margaritaville. Of all the ones I've been to, ours is the worst. Even the food isn't nearly as good as the others.

We've been to Margaritaville in Grand Turk, Jamaica and Orlando and enjoyed them all, but in all our trips to Key West I have to say I've never even been tempted to walk in the door.

Actually do agree about Margaretaville. We ate there once because I just had to have a "cheeseburger in paradise. It was an overpriced disappointment, including the fries. The key lime pie was still frozen. The service was indifferent. We have never returned to Margaretaville and we like Jimmy Buffet's music.

We also had a rather poor meal at the Ocean Key's Tin Roof. The view is spectacular, but the service was sooooo sloooow. The food sounded good as it was described on the menu, but when it was delivered (piece meal, I might add), the servings were smaller than cruise ship MDR size! But the price was so high it was outrageous. Plus the food was not distinguished in any regard. We will never go back there. Key West has some really good restaurants. Tin Roof is not one of them.

Archived