Very important tea bag question??

MUMMYC

Hello all. My first post and its of great importance (to me at least). Having been on 4 Princess cruises and 1 Fred Olsen we have suffered the dreaded Liptons tea bags. Weaker than dish water, even 4 bags in 1 cup failed to increase the quality. It may be fine for our American friends but not the Brits.

We are off on the AZURA to the Baltic on May 26th and its our first P&O cruise. So do we need to our own tea bags or not?

I've got a funny feeling it was liptons, but there is now a tea caddy case in the cabins (well was in a balcony presume its the same in all cabins) It had a glass lid and dispalyed a selection of teas and even lyons fresh ground coffee in a bag! Which was very nice. The toiletries are now The White Company as well instead of Temple Spa, I thought they were very nice indeed.

P&O use Tetleys. As well as normal tea, you can get green tea, peppermint, camomile, fruit teas, etc. At afternoon tea in the restaurant, there is a choice of six types of leaf tea.

Brian

We had Tetley last month (or whatever tea it is with a blue tag)

On Azura????

Talking about Azura here... I know there is Tetley on the other ships.But for some reason I seem to remember seeing Liptons on Azura. But there was probably Tetley too.

We always take our own !!!! not that we're fussy or anything !!:D

Don't blame you...would do this if going on US ships as well. Celebrity and RCI had dishwater teabags, I like strong tea! (Yorkshire Tea) I was converted to this when Dai who comes on here offered to buy me a drink when I met him for the fIrst time, and he gave me a box of teabags!!!:p

On Azura????

Talking about Azura here... I know there is Tetley on the other ships.But for some reason I seem to remember seeing Liptons on Azura. But there was probably Tetley too.

Tetley was Ventura, I just kind of assumed they would have same throughout the fleet.

Yes I agree with Libralasi41 Yorkshire tea is great. Ozzie Osbourne recommended it on TV some time ago and we can't go back to any of the weaker brands now!!

If you are paranoid about your tea, and will not accept that 'wet and warm is good enough', then take your own.

Oh dear, please please PLEASE bring back National Service so that people learn to live with each other and accept the slosh they gave us (was there Bromide in there?) and they are released from Mummy's apron strings.

If you are paranoid about your tea, and will not accept that 'wet and warm is good enough', then take your own.

Oh dear, please please PLEASE bring back National Service so that people learn to live with each other and accept the slosh they gave us (was there Bromide in there?) and they are released from Mummy's apron strings.

I suppose I am paranoid about my tea...when I was younger 'hot and wet' was fine but now I like a bit of guts to it and Liptons just doesn't have any and Tetleys isn't much better...and as for Earl Grey thats a definite no no.... so its the Yorkshire Tea for me !:D

To be honest P&O really do the best Afternoon tea in the restaurant.

great service and what a nice selection of cakes.:D

Lynn

Totally agree, not to mention the sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, toasted teacakes and crumpets....and a chat with fellow cruisers.

Brian

Totally agree, not to mention the sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, toasted teacakes and crumpets....and a chat with fellow cruisers.Brian

I always find that Afternoon Tea in the dining room is so much more enjoyable. As you say Brian, you can sit, relax and enjoy great company whilst enjoying tea.

I the lido cafe, its a mad house. And some of those old folks dont even use any Gel.

Ah well, I'm a silver surfer myself.

.....we have suffered the dreaded Liptons tea bags. Weaker than dish water, even 4 bags in 1 cup failed to increase the quality. It may be fine for our American friends but not the Brits.

Now you know the real reason the Americans threw the tea into Boston Harbour :D

Don't blame you...would do this if going on US ships as well. Celebrity and RCI had dishwater teabags, me a box of teabags!!!:p

Celebrity Eqinox had Twinnings tea and a great variety of them not exactly dishwater

After a week on Ventura we found our Biscuits in the teapot. We just make our tea in the cup. Everybody else said they had biscuits when we

asked. Anyway we found them in the end.

When we were on Ventura, it was pretty much Tetleys for normal tea.

If in doubt take a small set of your own tea bags. Better to be safe than sorry.

Was on Majesty of the Seas from Miami last year, and believe me, the tea was awful. Wished we had taken some of our own, but was worried in case the Americans chucked it in the water again..

Scrozuk

I posted this slightly tounge in check question as my first post to see what sort of crowd you all where. I must say what a friendly help full lot you all are (mostly!!). I think I will be taking my Yorkshire tea bags with me. I have not tried a Tetley lately so I won't risk it. Can't wait to get on board next week! Hope the weather is not to bad.

My next post will be a more serious review of Azua with a whole section on afternoon tea!! (not). Anyway thanks again.

I posted this slightly tounge in check question as my first post to see what sort of crowd you all where. I must say what a friendly help full lot you all are (mostly!!). I think I will be taking my Yorkshire tea bags with me. I have not tried a Tetley lately so I won't risk it. Can't wait to get on board next week! Hope the weather is not to bad.

My next post will be a more serious review of Azua with a whole section on afternoon tea!! (not). Anyway thanks again.

Hi MummyC,

We are on the same cruise. Pop across to our Roll Call to say Hi. I am a tea fanatic too but I like M & S Extra strong teabags and I will definately be taking a few with me. So pleased there are kettles in the cabins, a real treat after our Princess cruises.

Hope to meet up on board

Helen

:)

Archived