Best Aft Balcony Cabins - Connie

We have been in 7203 on both the Millie and the Connie. The Deck 7 balconies are the largest of the aft facing balconies and are HUGE. As go from Deck 7 to Deck 8 to Deck 9 the balconies get smaller as you go up. Furthermore, these balconies on Deck 7 are partially covered and partially open so you have the best of both worlds.

In 7203 we two full sized lounge chairs, a big table with four chairs plus a smaller table with two more chairs and all of this occupied maybe the front 30% of the balcony space closest to the cabin. We are divers so the covered part of the balcony was a great place to hang our SCUBA gear up to dry.

Another advantage to these aft facing balconies is that you are partially shielded from the wind. Balconies along the sides of the vessel are often very windy when the ship is underway. All in all these aft facing cabins with the big balconies are some of the most desirable cabins on either the Constellation or the Millenium.

7203 is a CC cabin and now categorized as C1. You may also want to consider one of the FV cabins on Deck 7 as well. These FV cabins have for years been recognized as one of the best values for those with three or four passnegers. The cabin itself is much larger than a CC cabin. The balcony for the FV's is an extended balcony but doesn't have quite the square area the the aft facing CC's do on Deck 7. Celebrity will often hold these cabins in reserve for groups of three or four until some date moderately close to the sail date before releasing them to passengers with only two in their group. Perhaps others who have traveled in FV's cabn provide more detailed info on them.

:):):)

We have been in 7203 on both the Millie and the Connie. The Deck 7 balconies are the largest of the aft facing balconies and are HUGE. As go from Deck 7 to Deck 8 to Deck 9 the balconies get smaller as you go up. Furthermore, these balconies on Deck 7 are partially covered and partially open so you have the best of both worlds.

In 7203 we two full sized lounge chairs, a big table with four chairs plus a smaller table with two more chairs and all of this occupied maybe the front 30% of the balcony space closest to the cabin. We are divers so the covered part of the balcony was a great place to hang our SCUBA gear up to dry.

Pilot, We will be in 7203 on Connie on our next cruise! Thanks for the info.:D

Pilot, We will be in 7203 on Connie on our next cruise! Thanks for the info.:D

Another pleasant thing that I forgot to mention about 7203 (all of the aft facing Deck 7 cabins really) is that you can hear the live entertainment located up in the aft bar on Deck 10. The music isn't so loud that it's intrusive. We found it to be quite pleasant to sit out in the aftmost part of the balcony with a good bottle of wine and listen to the entertainer.

Enjoy 7203 and have a great cruise.:):):)

We've been in 7208 on Connie and 8172 on Infinity and will be in 8172 again next April on the Connie. Both were great, and as mentioned by Pilot70D the balconies on deck 7 are slightly larger than on deck 8. That said, we actually prefer deck 8 though the preference is only slight. The sight line to the wake is better from deck 8 in my opionion. From deck 7 you look right down onto the balcony for the Penthouse which may have a certain appeal. I've met cruisers who had cabins on deck 7 who got to know the passengers in the Penthouse and were invited down for a party. Deck 9 would be my last choice, but I'd take one up there in a heartbeat if none were available on 7 and 8.

We've never stayed in one, but many people prefer the Family View cabins on either end of the stern. The balconies are huge, and you get views both aft and to the side. We joined friends on the balcony of 8166 for part of a Panama Canal transit last year and it was pretty awesome to have both views. Although I don't think it happens often, be aware that if you book a FV cabin as a couple, you could be bumped for a family with children since that is what they are far. Probably an unlikely occurence on a 14 night cruise though.

This picture is shown on numerous threads, but thought I'd provide it again in case you have not seen it. Note that 7212, 8176, and 9164 are wheelchair accessible cabins, hence the wider balconies.

MilleniumClassAftCabins.jpg

Enjoy.

The balcony for the FV's is an extended balcony but doesn't have quite the square area the the aft facing CC's do on Deck 7.

Maybe I did not understand your note (or misread it), but the FVs with the extended balcony (i.e. the corner ones) have more balcony square footage than the aft CCs on Deck 7.......

Hi,

When the Millennium was new, we were booked in cabin 8181. This cabin has a HUGE balcony with great views. The picture of the aft balconies that is posted is an excellent resource.

Chuck

Thanks for the post. We have 8181 booked on the Summit later this year so we're really looking forward to the cruise! Not that we weren't anyway:D

Sue

I was noticing in the posted picture what looks like a playground on the top deck. Is it? If so, do they have this on the Summit?

I believe all the M cass ships have the playground area on the top deck at the stern. We've been on Constellation and Infinity, but have not ever seen any children using the playground.

We are looking for the best aft balcony cabins on the Constellation for April 2012 Exotic Carribean. Any thoughts?

Deck 6 looks pretty good. ;)

I was noticing in the posted picture what looks like a playground on the top deck. Is it? If so, do they have this on the Summit?

Yes, Summit has an outdoor playground, too. Here is an aerial photo of Summit published in the June 2004 issue of Cruise Travel magazine (the paint job is different now, but the ship is the same!):

37221.jpg

Archived