Marriott Biscayne Bay Review

Lewis

I spent a pre-cruise night at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. From MIA to the Marriott was $27.00 by taxi for 1 person. I got a bayside view room, right above the pool. The room was bright, comfortable and quiet.

Right beside is the Double Tree which has a few restaurants and stores on the first floor. Check out the Double Tree website for more details but there was a deli, steak house and fish restaurant. The deli also has liquor, beer and wine for sale. Yes, it’s more expensive than home but definitely cheaper than on the ship. The deli is a sit down restaurant as well as take out. You can get breakfast, lunch or dinner. They also have groceries, sundries, etc. I bought water and diet coke to take on the ship ($1.25 and $1.50 each for water and diet coke). They also have a sports bar and other restaurants.

There is an awesome breakfast/lunch place less than 10 minutes walk away….The Daily Creative Bread. AWESOME, well worth the walk. Check them out on line. There is also a Burger King and Checkers one block over. 2 mins walk away.

The port is $10.00 away by taxi (includes tip). There is a BP gas station on the way if you need to stop for supplies although everything you need is in the Deli at the hotel. I’m sure the prices would be similar if not the same.

I did not go to Bayside or use the Metro Mover. I found hanging out by the pool way too comfortable to leave.

Any questions….ask away.

Thanks so much for your review and info. We are booked at the Marriott for pre-cruise night. Anything mentioned or posted about upcoming renovations?

Neverthought

I didn't see anything posted about upcoming renovations but I believe they had an advertising piece in the elevators about the newly renovated rooms. My room was nice, modern, clean, bright, fresh, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was also clean and well maintained. I was quite pleasantly surprised based on some of the comments/reviews I've seen about the property.

Thanks for the info, we are there for two nights in December. We got a Priceline rate of $85 per night per room...do you mind sharing what you paid???

I'm not going to be much help...I used Marriott rewards points for my stay. In my opinion thought $85 per night per room is a great price for the hotel. The location to the cruise ship is great, the rooms comfortable, the pool is on the 5th floor with I believe two hot tubs and an outdoor bar and grill right beside it. The gym was pretty big (I didn't use it, I just had a look around). There are a number of restaurants to chose from. The people mover is only a block away, taxis out front to take you wherever you would like to go, the bay is right there..........

Lewis - Thanks for the helpful review. We're staying there in two weeks and appreciate the info and recommendation for breakfast.

My pleasure. This hotel is a great property for the price and location. I would stay there again in the future.

We stayed there when we cruised in December and thought the hotel was awesome! The rooms have been recently renovated and while a bit small given many of the other Marriott properties we have stayed in, we were very comfortable and loved the view we had of the cruise ships from our room. My hubby used points for our stay as well, but I would have to agree with Lewis to say $85 for this hotel is a good deal...I would actually say it's a steal. Staff was wonderful and we would definitely stay there again! :D

Thanks for the info, we are there for two nights in December. We got a Priceline rate of $85 per night per room...do you mind sharing what you paid???

I stayed at this Marriott for $99, got that price on the hotel website. Could you tell me if there are other fees added to the $85 that priceline charges?

Are there any car rental offices close to this Marriott?

Hopefully someone else can answer that question as I didn't have a need for a rental car. I didn't see a car rental desk in the lobby, but I wasn't looking for one. Did you check their website to see if one was available.? Check it and the Doubletree as they're attached.

We stayed there when we cruised in December and thought the hotel was awesome! The rooms have been recently renovated and while a bit small given many of the other Marriott properties we have stayed in, we were very comfortable and loved the view we had of the cruise ships from our room. My hubby used points for our stay as well, but I would have to agree with Lewis to say $85 for this hotel is a good deal...I would actually say it's a steal. Staff was wonderful and we would definitely stay there again! :D

I'm glad you feel the same way islandgirlejfan....I think the property deserves some good reviews as I read quite a few negative comments/reviews prior to my stay so my expectations were pretty low....I was pleasantly surprised by how wrong the negative comments/reviews were!

Are there any car rental offices close to this Marriott?

We rented a car from Hertz and turned it in to a Hertz garage near the Bayside Marketplace. There was no extra charge for this and I actually found a coupon through American Airlines that gave us triple points for booking the car with them. The Hertz garage has shuttle service to Dodge Island, which makes it nice. I know there was a car rental place close by...you might try calling the Marriott or looking on their site as there is usually a lot of information there. If I knew what I know now, we probably wouldn't rent the car....the people mover would have been fine for the most part...the only exception being we had to buy a battery charger for our camera at Best Buy which was close to South Beach as my husband forgot to pack it. Parking prices were pretty high at the hotel.:eek:

I stayed at this Marriott for $99, got that price on the hotel website. Could you tell me if there are other fees added to the $85 that priceline charges?

Nope, no other charges, just regular taxes...actually my DW corrected me, we got the room on Priceline for $80.00. So two rooms for two nights and the total billed to our cc was $340 ish...:)

Nope, no other charges, just regular taxes...actually my DW corrected me, we got the room on Priceline for $80.00. So two rooms for two nights and the total billed to our cc was $340 ish...:)

Thanks. I booked on the Marriott website because I needed to be sure we got a room with 2 beds. I've had bad luck in the past with Priceline not being able to get 2 beds.

• 2 weeks later...
We rented a car from Hertz and turned it in to a Hertz garage near the Bayside Marketplace. There was no extra charge for this and I actually found a coupon through American Airlines that gave us triple points for booking the car with them. The Hertz garage has shuttle service to Dodge Island, which makes it nice. I know there was a car rental place close by...you might try calling the Marriott or looking on their site as there is usually a lot of information there. If I knew what I know now, we probably wouldn't rent the car....the people mover would have been fine for the most part...the only exception being we had to buy a battery charger for our camera at Best Buy which was close to South Beach as my husband forgot to pack it. Parking prices were pretty high at the hotel.:eek:

If I used google maps correctly :rolleyes: I believe that there is an Enterprise in the Doubletree, can anyone confirm or deny?

You're correct! We have a rental location located in the Doubletree hotel at 1717 N Bayshore Dr. in Miami. You can book a reservation for that location on our website http://www.enterprise.com

- Elizabeth with Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Elizabeth, do you guys take in one way rentals? I plan on flying into FLL on a Sunday and returning the car on Monday.

Thanks

Archived