Ultimate Ship tour reflections

gregjm

What a bummer when the captain is an ass. We were lucky to have an accommodating captain (William Kent) with a very dry sense of humor who spent plenty of time answering our questions on the Star in April.

Hopefully your comments will slap some sense into the rude officers who should realize that without us they don't have a job.

You never know when there are extenuating circumstances. I've sailed with Captain Pickford several times, including sitting next to him at a most-traveled luncheon and he's always been charming, informative and professional in every way.

We are on a cruise that is packaged by Princess as a longer and shorter voyage. The longer-version of this Pacific Princess cruise starts about a week before ours in Athens and then we join in Rome. They both have official voyage numbers--in other words, we're not joining informally in the midst of a cruise.

Does anyone know if under these circumstances Princess will offer a UST for the Athens to Rome segment and then have a new sign-up for the voyage starting in Rome?

If there are different voyage numbers, there'll be a different sign-up. The good news is that you get credit for two separate cruises when there are different voyage numbers. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Caribbean Princess's 5/9 sailing and took the UST. We found Captain Pickford a verry gratious host, while we were on the bridge he was very engaging and spent an quite a lot of time answering our questions. We met the captain at two other functions during the cruise; both times the same experience, actually I'd say he was probably the most engaging, authentic Captain we've met in our 16 cruises.

I'm sorry the original poster had a bad experience but as noted elsewhere that tour must have walked in during some distracting problem

Archived