Dover, Leeds Castle, Canterbury

My husband and I will be in Dover for a full day in September and are hoping to visit Leeds Castle, Canterbury and then have some time to explore Dover before returning to the ship.

We'd probably take a cab to each location, rather than renting a car or be waiting for trains and we wouldn't need a guide. Perhaps hiring a driver is a good idea? Are there cabs readily available at all three locations and what would be an approximate cost for each leg?

I appreciate your help.

:)

Ireally hope someone gives you some answers because we have similar wuetions. We will be in DOver on the 3rd of July and want to go the White cliffs and the castle and are also wondering about cabs being availabel whenyou want to return to the ship. Hope some Brits wills ee this and respond soon.

My husband and I will be in Dover for a full day in September and are hoping to visit Leeds Castle, Canterbury and then have some time to explore Dover before returning to the ship. We'd probably take a cab to each location, rather than renting a car or be waiting for trains and we wouldn't need a guide. Perhaps hiring a driver is a good idea? Are there cabs readily available at all three locations and what would be an approximate cost for each leg?

If you were to hire a cab, you would have major costs involved for this travel "loop". As an example, from Dover to Canterbury involves a distance of eighteen miles. It is about twenty miles from Canterbury to Leeds Castle and then 35 miles back to Dover. Leeds is very isolated in a rural area with cabs being available there being highly doubtful. You would probably need to hire a car from Dover to take you around to all of these locations. You might contact the Dover tourism office to get their suggestions for a private driver. Their website is:

http://www.whitecliffscountry.org.uk

and then follow-up through their "contact us" segment to ask them for more detailed info and options.

There are many options in this area. We spent five days in the region before departing on our cruise from Dover. We drove in the area and it worked out well.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

My husband and I will be in Dover for a full day in September and are hoping to visit Leeds Castle, Canterbury and then have some time to explore Dover before returning to the ship.

We'd probably take a cab to each location, rather than renting a car or be waiting for trains and we wouldn't need a guide. Perhaps hiring a driver is a good idea? Are there cabs readily available at all three locations and what would be an approximate cost for each leg?

I appreciate your help.

:)

Here is a nice tool:

http://www.speedyconnectionstravelservices.com/special-offer.php

Click on "Quotes".

Postal Codes:

Dover Cruise Terminal CT17 9DQ

Canterbury Cathedrale CT1 2EH

Leeds Castle ME17 1PL

It's 107.00 GBP for Dover - Caterbury - Leeds - Dover without waiting time...

I love this tool...

Regards

HeinBloed

Leeds Castle is a beautiful country estate and castle in the Kent countryside. To enjoy it all, you would really need to spend a full day there - half a day would be a rush.

I haven't been to Canterbury for many years but once again, you would probably need at least half a day.

Same with Dover.

I can't help with the cost of taxi transfers but I suspect it will be very expensive.

You may wish to choose just one of those venues and enjoy at your leisure.

Hope you have a great time.

A friend of ours is a taxi driver and if you have a taxi for the day you're not put on the meter, but are charged "waiting time" which is roughly £17.00 an hour. It's a lot to do in a day.

Hi,

When my husband and I were in Dover we went on a great day out with Jane from Tours of the Realm. We visited Dover Castle, The White Cliffs, Canterbury and Chilham. She really looked after us and gave us a wonderful day. I think she charged 250 pounds. Highly recommended.

We also used "Tours of the Realm" and had the most perfect day. Jane picked us up when we disembarked the ship and gave us a 7 hour tour where she took us places only someone who lives there could find, before taking us to our hotel in London (41 Hotel - awesome!). Whatever you decide you will have a lovely time.

Hi,

When my husband and I were in Dover we went on a great day out with Jane from Tours of the Realm. We visited Dover Castle, The White Cliffs, Canterbury and Chilham. She really looked after us and gave us a wonderful day. I think she charged 250 pounds. Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...
A friend of ours is a taxi driver and if you have a taxi for the day you're not put on the meter, but are charged "waiting time" which is roughly £17.00 an hour. It's a lot to do in a day.

sladesboy ~ Does your friend provide this service? If so, would he/she have an e-mail address so we could contact him? There are now four of us who are interested and we'd be talking about 7 hours.

Thanks for the information.

Archived