Cruises to Cuba?

volvo99

Sure, Americans can fly to Cuba from other countries, but as an American citizen, you are not allowed to visit there or spend any money on their economy.

I thought it was illegal for U.S. citizens to spend money in Cuba, but they could fly there legally. Am I incorrect? It would be difficult to spend more than a 1/2 day there without spending money, but I thought it was perfectly legal to fly there.

I thought it was illegal for U.S. citizens to spend money in Cuba, but they could fly there legally. Am I incorrect? It would be difficult to spend more than a 1/2 day there without spending money, but I thought it was perfectly legal to fly there.

By flying into Cuba from any non US country, you are contributing US dollars to the Cuban economy. You can do it, just don't get caught when you return home.

I was just browsing the magazine rack at Barnes & Noble and saw no less than 10 magazines that mentioned Cuba on the cover. Its time will come and I for one cannot wait to be able to visit the island.

Its illegal for US nationals(citizens or permanent residents) to visit Cuba without a license. It is also illegal for any US national to buy anything from Cuba, or made in Cuba or to send money(there are some exceptions for people with relatives in Cuba). the penalty is a fine of up to $65,000.00 per person. While you physically can go from another country without the license you risk a fine which will be imposed if they find out.

It has in fact become harder under the current US administration to get such a license and they have become more adept at fining people(there is a reward paid to those who turn you in)....

That being said, I think it is really stupid to continue the embargo. We traded and allowed visitors with the USSR, we made communist China a preferred trading partner and we can't get over Castro...PS Castro has out lasting what about 10 US presidents.....

And I am enlightened :) (not that I was planning to fly there, because I'd have a tough time not spending any moolah). I will be happy when we can legally fly or sail there as I'd LOVE to catch a baseball game and check out their beaches. We've had so many rock-star athletes come out of Cuba, and I'd love to see them play in their homeland.

Some of most spectacular sunrise and sunsets you will ever see in you life! People who's eyes are bigger than their stomachs when it comes to the choclate buffet (also a big waste of food) , having someone make your bed eveyday, people who would normally not say boo to you on the streets strike up poolside conversation with you and both parties enjoy it, Gold Lamay on dress up night, polite Americans, having too many choices of what to do next (and possibly choosing to say by the pool because you can) everyone in your family out doing something different and knowing you will all meet up with at dinner with some great stories to tell. Lot's of good memories:)

How about that little "bing-bong" sound when your card is inserted into the id thingy each time you get on and off the ship?

Here's one for the cruise critic addicts....ever catch yourself sitting at home...reading a review...reflecting back on your last cruise and you catch yourself rocking as though you are still on board?

On one cruise that my husband and I went on, there was a group of people who went around for the first few days at least wearing their life jackets everywhere they went. I haven't seen that anyplace else that we've vacationed!

Archived