A quick tour of Nassau with our son

Peace2U

We will be in Nassau with our 7 year old son and wonder how best to get to the lighthouse, as well as see the highlights of Nassau and possibly another beach. I don't want to be out more than a couple of hours. Any suggestions?

We will be in Nassau with our 7 year old son and wonder how best to get to the lighthouse, as well as see the highlights of Nassau and possibly another beach. I don't want to be out more than a couple of hours. Any suggestions?

The lighthouse is not easy to access.. you would have to take a beach day tour to colonial beach via the Party Cay, then depending on the tide, walk over the coral jetties (and privately own property) to get to it. there's no entry and the area is slippery and jagged.

You might want to think of plan b

I'm also interested in "things to do" in the bahamas...There will be over 14,000 people there on the day we are in port. I've done the straw market and Atlantis, This time we are taking our 21 year old daughter and her BF. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Kathy

Seabeacon, you could take a walk up to Fort Fincastle. That would be interesting for adults and children and you get a great view of Nassau too. Fort is free but you can pay a guide if you want more information. I think the guides are $5. On the way there or back, you could stop at the Pirate Museum. Junkanoo Beach is getting good reviews right now - it's also within walking distance and it's free. That might be good for a short stop. You have a great view of the lighthouse from there. (I'm also a lover of lighthouses so I hope one day they will offer tours to the Nassau lighthouse.)

Kattchat, what kinds of things are you interested in? How about a snorkeling tour or Segway tour. Blue Lagoon is a beautiful way to spend the day. Give us more information about your hours in port, budget and interests and we can help you better.

You can get a great view of the lighthouse from the ship. Make sure you're up on deck when you arrive in Nassau. Here's a picture taken from the ship:

ry%3D480

And here's a view of the lighthouse from the beach:

ry%3D480

Archived