Rhodes Private Tour Guide

cometr

Hello,

I am looking for a referral for a private tour guide in Rhodes. I see this question has been asked before, but not answered that I can find. I understand it is an area that can be easily walked and is a great self tour site; that being said I am still looking for private tour guide information. Thank you so much!

There honestly is not that much to do in Rhodes that you'd need a tour guide for; not sure what a private guide would provide. That's probably why you aren't finding any recommendations. Have you tried just doing a google search?

I was hoping for a referral based on a positive experience. :) What you said makes sense though. I am doing the research for an older couple and they prefer private guides.

• 3 weeks later...

We used this company in 2008: http://www.rhodesprivatetours.com/index.htm

They picked us up at the ship and drove us through town (which closes to vehicles quite early in the day). We stopped at several places of interest, including a jewellry store and a pottery factory (obviously a connection there hoping we'd spend money!). We didn't mind these stops, as we were treated very well, and felt no obligation whatsoever.

We then drove on the Lindos, with a couple of stops to enjoy the spectacular views. We had a couple of hours in Lindos, and then we were taken back to the ship in plenty of time to wander around the "walled" city portion on our own. It is a great area to wander, and very close walking distance to the ship.

I am booking this same company again for 2011. There were quite a few of us, so we ended up in a convoy of 3 taxis. Each driver was very friendly and knowledgeable, and all 12 of us enjoyed our day immensely.

Rhodes is a beautiful island, and I think you'd be missing out on something if you didn't leave the downtown area.

I totally agree with High C's. Rhodes is a beautiful island and it would be a shame to miss out by just staying around the port.

Our driver picked up our group of 14 in a nice Mercedes van for the trip to Lindos. We repeatedly stopped for photo ops of the island and ocean below. After we spent time in Lindos he took us to his village were they were having a Valencia Orange festival around an old small church. They treated us like one of the village and we ate, drank and they were disappointed we had to leave. We had plenty of time to visit "Old Town" when we got back before having to get back on the ship.

It is a very friendly island and I am sure there are several good tours but, we used manosgoing.com.

Archived