When do you book excursions?

Soonerbaby

I know I have seen a thread something like this, but can't find it. Do you have more options for excursions once onboard than you do online? I want to book thru Carnival because I am so afraid of missing the ship, but in Montego bay I just want to do something close to port where we can shop and lay on the beach...and go to Marguaritaville of course. :D

We book in advance IF it's something that we feel will ruin our vacation if we DON'T do! Otherwise, we sort of "play it by ear"....and book onboard. Most times, we don't do any excursions, tho...so many things are so easy to do on your own (a guidebook is the best investment you'll make!!!) so we don't have to pay someone to take us to places that we can do ourselves!

For a beach, get the guidebook on your ports--libraires have them, or just buy one at any bookstore...it will save you a bundle! Beaches are soooooo easy!

We book in advance IF it's something that we feel will ruin our vacation if we DON'T do! Otherwise, we sort of "play it by ear"....and book onboard. Most times, we don't do any excursions, tho...so many things are so easy to do on your own (a guidebook is the best investment you'll make!!!) so we don't have to pay someone to take us to places that we can do ourselves!

For a beach, get the guidebook on your ports--libraires have them, or just buy one at any bookstore...it will save you a bundle! Beaches are soooooo easy!

I am just worried about Montego Bay. I have heard that is a little questionable, and I want to stay close to port, but be safe and comfortable as well.

I booked online when will I get my tickets will they be in the room or do I have to go to the desk once on board?

The excursions on line are the same that will be available on the ship. We book excursions via Carnival for Montego Bay. There is nothing really close to where the ship docks, so we do a tour. Next week we are doing the dolphin swim and Dunn's River Falls tour through Carnival. Places like Coz, Grand Cayman, we go it on our own.

I booked online when will I get my tickets will they be in the room or do I have to go to the desk once on board?

If you book with Carnival, your tickets will be in your cabin on the first

day. Have a nice cruise:)

Your tickets will be in your room on embarkation day if you book them online b4 hand.

I have booked excursions both on and off the ship, but it’s definitely MUCH cheaper to do it off. I suggest booking with Carnival tho. I booked a Jet Ski tour thru a 3rd party co. once - The boat arrived to port late, so we had to buy internet to change the tour time, when we got to port we had to take a cab to where the excursion was located. when we finally got there it was canceled due to choppy ocean. The company I dealt with was extremely professional about the whole thing, but from now on I want to save the hassle. One other thing to consider too, Cruise lines check to ensure excursions booked thru them have proper permits, safety equipment, etc.. just my $.02

Archived