Mojitos

AMaria1288

I had one on the spirit (years ago) and it was WAY to strong. Even DH who has drinks like this regularly agreed it was too strong (I rarely drink. I generally like mojitos and bellinis).

We ended up pouring half of it into 2 seperate glasses and having mint rum and coke. It was undrinkable as a mojito.

Like most drinks, depends on the bartender...Some are ok and others are excellent. If you find a good bartender try to stick with them for the entire cruise :)

I can not agree with this more... I got a few mojitos one night, and they were awesome.. the next night and the night after that, I had to take them back to get "fixed". Something sweet was missing.

You find someone to make a good one.. track them down. :p

How are the mojitos on Carnival? I've never had one on a cruise, but I've had them at restaurants at home and they are wonderful and truly one of my favorite drinks to enjoy. Has anyone onboard recently?

Excuse me while I toot my own horn... I make the best classic Mojito in the world (TOOOOT... TOOOOT!!!) but the ones on Carnival aren't bad at all.

The Splendor has a bar called El Mojito and they do a great job!

IMG_2288.jpg

:D

Like most drinks, depends on the bartender...Some are ok and others are excellent. If you find a good bartender try to stick with them for the entire cruise :)

Agreed! Just got off the Spirit where I tried one... horrible! I had one on the Freedom in '08 and it was wonderful. Luck of the draw, I guess...:cool:

are they real mojito's (ie with mint leaves and fresh lime) or fakes (ie like the bacardi frozen mixers)? Not to be a snob, but....

Real, made from scratch and real mint leaves and fresh lime. I have them leave out the liquid simple sugar, makes them to sweet for my taste.

I just found in the liquor store this weekend that Barccardi makes the Mojito Rum now, ALL mixed together. I added my own lime and fresh mint and had them ALL weekend and took the my son's baseball game on Mother's Day and made Mother's Day Mojitos, they were a hit LOL

I've never seen it before and it would be WONDERFUL if BV Dept. would have but I wouldn't count on it.

I'll call and see in a couple of weeks.

Excuse me while I toot my own horn... I make the best classic Mojito in the world (TOOOOT... TOOOOT!!!) but the ones on Carnival aren't bad at all.

The Splendor has a bar called El Mojito and they do a great job!

IMG_2288.jpg

:D

Yummy!!! My mouth is watering!!!

You're right down I-35 from me...what time is happy hour at your place???

Ashley :)

Archived