kenai fjords after cruise-Seward

alaskabound2323

Hi all,

I need some advice, I am going on a cruise with my family. We are starting in Vancouver hitting Ketchikan, Tracy's arm, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka ending in Seward. We have 2 full days planned in Seward. We would like to hike exit glacier one day and then we have another day. Everyone says that the Kenai fjords tours are awesome and I believe them but....

We are cruising George Inlet in Ketchican

Cruising catamaran tracy'a arm

Whale watching in Juneau

Rock climbing in skagway

wildlife cruise in Sitka

So we are on a lot of boating excursions off our cruise ship, I am wondering if another boat tour is just too much and we should do something else in Seward. Or do you think it safe to not book the tour until we get there and decide when we get there.

thanks much

Janet

Personally, it it were me, I'd say it was time for some land stuff. But the point of being in Seward is water stuff. So if you're not going to do a KF trip, I'd suggest moving inland for your second day. But maybe you're staying in Alaska longer than the 2 days and are already doing other things inland?

It also depends on your priorities for the trip. I say that would be enough water activity for me, but this year's 14-day Caribbean trip saw us on the water every day but one...snorkeling was our entire reason for the trip. Some people can't get enough of water wildlife and scenery, others could care less. This is one of those things you kind of have to answer for yourself.

With two full days in Seward you will have plenty of time to do lots of things. You can go visit Fox Island its a beatiful Island. Thier is also the wild life rehabilitation centre and also thier is idiaride. Here is thier email www.ididaride.com

They have a couple of tours and I recommend them. They do sled dog rides and its awesome. I havent done the tours but I know the Seavey's and thier wonderful people.

Mitch Seavey is 2004 Iditarod sled dog race champion and they also keep thier kennels clean and thier dogs are well taken care of. So check them out.

As far as taking that tour thier is so much else to do thats entirely up to you. I would encourage you to take advantage of other things if your hiking exit glacier one day to do somthing else in Seward.

Adri :)

there is the sealife center-open to 9 pm in summer. there is Seavy's that has a 6 hour land tour including lunch but it adds in exit glacier. in town you have a mt to climb.

you could drive the Seward highway and take pictures- sleep in Girdwood and do that tram and hike there.

Archived