Carnival Cake

agavin

When getting ready for our last cruise, I made this for a friend for her birthday and had a great time trying to add the Carnival elements to it...

26484_398774580378_625475378_5370836_4745196_n.jpg

I thought it might be fun to start a thread to see if anyone else has done some creative cruise-based projects... short of figuring out how to smuggle booze, power bars, curling irons, elephants, etc etc :)

Although not as lovely as your cake, I made a suitcase cake for our son and his fiancee' for their Shower Sailibration this past Saturday night. Everything, food included, had a travel/cruise theme and the guests had their embarkation pictures taken as the arrived at the party.

They are getting married on Victory this Sunday.

2010-05-08%20001%20010.JPG

2010-05-08%20001%20028.JPG

Although not as lovely as your cake, I made a suitcase cake for our son and his fiancee' for their Shower Sailibration this past Saturday night. Everything had a travel/cruise theme and the guests had their embarkation pictures taken as the arrived at the party. They are getting married on Victory this Sunday.

That looks awesome - I love it :)

Aw thanks everyone :) The whole thing is edible... have been watching too many Food Network shows, and thought I would teach myself how to make fancy cakes :)

Yummy towel animals....:D

Watching Cake Boss huh?

Yesterday on Ace of Cakes they did the Carnival Pride.Problem I have with their cakes is so much is non edible.Kudos to you for all edible.I would pick yours over theirs any day.If you taught yourself this we will be seeing you on a Food Network Challenge one day.It is awesome.

Havinsnest love yours too.Was it all chocolate?YUM

That is excellent!!! Love both the cakes. My latest art project is more mundane (and not edible :(). I printed out the deck plans for my ship, cut them out and attached them to a key ring. Voila! A 3-D ship map!

SL740077.JPG

Havinsnest, love yours too.Was it all chocolate?YUM
Thanks.

Red velvet cake...my son's favorite...with chocolate buttercream frosting so the suitcases would be the right color. Fondant straps and handles and the luggage stickers were actual luggage stickers.

That is excellent!!! Love both the cakes. My latest art project is more mundane (and not edible :(). I printed out the deck plans for my ship, cut them out and attached them to a key ring. Voila! A 3-D ship map!

SL740077.JPG

That's actually a very cool idea! I never would have thought to do such a thing, especially for a ship in a class that I'm new too. I may have to use this idea when I go on the Spirit next spring.

I love to bake but I don't think I am anywhere near as creative as you guys. Great cakes.

I printed out all the deck plans. What a great idea to attach it to a ring. I think I will steal that idea for my cruise next week.:D

Archived