Hilton Marina, Ft. Lauderdale

Are there any restaurants within two blocks of this restaurant? Thanks in advance.

Karen

There are restaurants by the Renaissance Hotel - which is about 2 blocks from the Hilton Marina. I know we have walked this and it wasn't bad.

Are there any restaurants within two blocks of this restaurant? Thanks in advance.

Karen

One of my favorites, China Grill. There are tons of restaurants within a six block area. Bistro Mezzoluna, Coco Asian, 15th Street Fisheries, Outback Steakhouse, Quarterdeck, Chucks, Kellys Landing, Southport Raw Bar, and just lots more.

15th Street Fisheries has a website. They have two different dining rooms. One is casual, dockside, the other is more 'formal'. Check out the menus and see which appeals.

They're known for their salad with the strawberries in it.

I'm either going to stay at this one or the Hyatt 66 trying to decide :)

IMO Pier 66 is more characterful and resort-like than Hilton, but it is a few blocks further than Hilton if you are planning to walk to restaurants or shopping.

thanks we are only staying there 1 night plan on getting there early so we have entire day before, maybe i'll go with that one I think the price for it is less, thanks!!!

there's nothing near it at all, walgreens or a grocery store? I always need to get water, etc!! :)

thanks we are only staying there 1 night plan on getting there early so we have entire day before, maybe i'll go with that one I think the price for it is less, thanks!!!

there's nothing near it at all, walgreens or a grocery store? I always need to get water, etc!! :)

I think there is a convenience store across the street and there is definitely a Walgreens on the other side of the bridge (about 4 blocks walk).

Karen

Karen,

The good news is you don't have to limit yourself to only two blocks. The Hilton Marina has a Water Taxi stop right out the front door. You can ride up and down the Inter-Coastal, on and off all day long for $15 ($11 for Seniors and Youths 4-11) or $7.00 after 7:00 PM. It's a great way to see Ft Lauderdale and some very beautiful homes of the rich and famous on the waterfront.

http://www.watertaxi.com/

The even better news is that you can receive discount at restaurants with your Water Taxi tickets including most of the aforementioned restaurants.

http://www.watertaxi.com/cruisendine.htm

Walgreens is across 17th Street from the Hilton and across the bridge from Pier 66, but not that far of a walk. I walked it when we stayed before a cruise last fall and it was a rather pleasant and scenic walk.

Right now Hyatt is running their Welcome Back promotion where you will recieve a free night for every two stays at a Hyatt between now and June 30th. I recently used one of my free nights in Key West after a cruise last month when the rates were over $300 per night.

Hilton is running their Great Getaway with 25% off rates and free breakfast for stays after May 28th. I'm pulling up a rate of $119 for the Hilton Marina for June 11th. It is a 7 day minimum advance purchase, prepay and nonrefundable rate, though.

Karen,

The good news is you don't have to limit yourself to only two blocks. The Hilton Marina has a Water Taxi stop right out the front door. You can ride up and down the Inter-Coastal, on and off all day long for $15 ($11 for Seniors and Youths 4-11) or $7.00 after 7:00 PM. It's a great way to see Ft Lauderdale and some very beautiful homes of the rich and famous on the waterfront.

http://www.watertaxi.com/

The even better news is that you can receive discount at restaurants with your Water Taxi tickets including most of the aforementioned restaurants.

http://www.watertaxi.com/cruisendine.htm

There is also a water taxi stop at the Hyatt Pier 66.

Has anyone stayed at this Hilton?, and what were your experiences. We were considering the Hilton but were scared away by pages of poor reviews for this location on "Trip Advisor.com".

It's a fantastic location, but I have not stayed there. I usually ended up at Pier 66 because of the promotions they were running at the time. It was completely remodeled a few months ago and I have a hard time believing that it would be a bad experience since it is a Hilton.

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple of blocks away and it is top notch.

It's a fantastic location, but I have not stayed there. I usually ended up at Pier 66 because of the promotions they were running at the time. It was completely remodeled a few months ago and I have a hard time believing that it would be a bad experience since it is a Hilton.

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple of blocks away and it is top notch.

Yes we have stayed at the Embassy Suites in FLL and loved it, we were looking at the Hilton for it's views of Port Everglades when we ran across the bad reviews.

Yes we have stayed at the Embassy Suites in FLL and loved it, we were looking at the Hilton for it's views of Port Everglades when we ran across the bad reviews.

I wouldn't believe them. Hilton is a strong brand with good management and corporate oversight. As a Hilton Diamond VIP I have rarely experienced major problems that weren't resolved on the local level, but those that weren't Hilton was anxious to make it right.

Across the Inter-Coastal Pier 66 has a bar/restaurant (Pelican Landing) on the second floor of a building that is right on the pier at the crossroads of water traffic. It's very scenic and a great place to have lunch, dinner or spend happy hour watching the boats go by.

We can stay at a Hilton or the Westin as we have HHonor points and also Starwood. Right now I have a room at both reserved. We leaning toward Embassy Suites because I read a post saying there wasn't much of anything around the Westin. We also want to pick up water, etc. We're planning on taking the water taxi to do a little sightseeing. From the list of restaurants, which one would you recommendation for a casual atmosphere, quick hamburger or maybe fish tacos (and a margarita???)

We can stay at a Hilton or the Westin as we have HHonor points and also Starwood. Right now I have a room at both reserved. We leaning toward Embassy Suites because I read a post saying there wasn't much of anything around the Westin. We also want to pick up water, etc. We're planning on taking the water taxi to do a little sightseeing. From the list of restaurants, which one would you recommendation for a casual atmosphere, quick hamburger or maybe fish tacos (and a margarita???)

Whoa! You really need to get new glasses or change the size of your font.

Which Westin are you talking about?

Whoa! You really need to get new glasses or change the size of your font.

Which Westin are you talking about?

Does the font look big? Huh? On my screen it's the same size as all of the other posts. Confused ???

Westin Beach Resort. Are there restaurants close by? A convenience store for water?

Archived