Island/Coral Princess

2ndsailing

We're interested in a northbound cruise from Vancouver to Whittier in July 2011. I have never sailed on either the Island or Coral Princess ships. Do the balcony cabins on caribe have the bigger balcony (like on the Star Princess). Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. There are 6 or 8 of us travelling so we'll be looking at 3 or 4 cabins (not everyone will be looking at a balcony). We're also looking at a land based tour after our cruise. We may rent a car and do our own tour. Anyone ever done their own tour? or do you recommend Princess' cruisetours?

My husband and I did this cruise last summer on the Island. The balconies on the Caribe deck are larger like on some of the other ships. We booked one of those cabins and it was wonderful. The ship was great and the crew excellent.

After the cruise we rented a car and did our own tour. It was our first time in the main part of Alaska and we wanted to do things our way. Nothing wrong with the Princess tours, but we wanted the freedom to drive around and see things that interested us. We took a post cruise excursion to the Portage Glacier and that ended by dropping us off at the airport where we rented the car. We spent several days visiting the Kenai Penninsula, Denali and some areas around Anchorage. We actually stayed at the Princess Lodge at Denali (they had a special deal). We had fun, but we have always been rather independent travelers. I guess it depends on the individual, whether you prefer going alone or being part of a guided tour. We will do a Princess tour there sometime, as we'd like to take their train trip. Hope this helps.

We're interested in a northbound cruise from Vancouver to Whittier in July 2011. I have never sailed on either the Island or Coral Princess ships. Do the balcony cabins on caribe have the bigger balcony (like on the Star Princess). Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. There are 6 or 8 of us travelling so we'll be looking at 3 or 4 cabins (not everyone will be looking at a balcony). We're also looking at a land based tour after our cruise. We may rent a car and do our own tour. Anyone ever done their own tour? or do you recommend Princess' cruisetours?

Good info here....

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Archived