Live from the NCL Sun

modem9

I enjoyed reading about the Sun. I will be on this ship end of August and I think

same itinerary. I will look for more posts from you. Any info will be helpful.

Atlanta Sandy

Sandy, what sailing are you on? We leave on Aug. 27th from Dover and wondered if you were on our sailing. Sheree from Houston

Thanks for the info on the SUN. We are going in March. I've been on 2 other NCL ctuises and enjoyed both. One of the ships had a coffee maker in the room and one did not. I am glad to hear that the SUN does. It makes getting up easier where you don't have to plan on dressing or getting room service just for coffee

Thanks for the info on the SUN. We are going in March. I've been on 2 other NCL ctuises and enjoyed both. One of the ships had a coffee maker in the room and one did not. I am glad to hear that the SUN does. It makes getting up easier where you don't have to plan on dressing or getting room service just for coffee

As of this past January, the Sun only has coffee makers in categories that are balcony or higher. It no longer offers coffee makers in oceanview and inside categories.

I'm going to miss the coffee maker. We had one in our oceanview room on our 18 day Panama Canal cruise on the Sun and really liked being able to make coffee as soon as we woke up rather than waiting for room service. But that was several years ago.

On our cruises on the Sun this next September/October we won't have that luxury since once again we have an oceanview category but NCL no longer offers coffee makers to that category. I think it was a cost-cutting decision along with several other cost cuttting they did (no free drink upon embarkation, no free cappucino at dinner in MDR, no chocolates on the pillow). But since thier prices are more affordable than some of the other major cruise lines, we're content with what NCL does offer.

HoHo update: Heard back from the bus company who now says they cannot give me any information about Nysh. at this time and advisrs me to talk to the excursion staff onboard the ship. :(

Maybe they are not certain yet if the Nysh. route is profitable or do-able. Hmmm. We'll just have to watch the boards and see.

Happy day to all!

MB

HoHo update: Heard back from the bus company who now says they cannot give me any information about Nysh. at this time and advisrs me to talk to the excursion staff onboard the ship. :(

Maybe they are not certain yet if the Nysh. route is profitable or do-able. Hmmm. We'll just have to watch the boards and see.

Happy day to all!

MB

I was there the first week this year, and with no advertising or really any way for people to know they would be there, they got enough business that it took 2 busses to bring us all back...

We will be going on the Sun in Feb 2011, can you tell me if they have room safes, we will have a BB cat cabin. Thanks for your reply.

My husband and I will be on the Sun Feb. 19-26 2011. Is that when you will be on the ship? I will check roll call and if one isn't started yet I will get one going.

Beth & Tony :)

Archived