Mark Hopkins Intercontinental San Francisco

dundalkspur

Hi -Has anyone stayed in the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental San Francisco ?

We have got it as part of a Princess pre-cruise -just wondering what people did for meals ,sightseeing etc.

Hi -Has anyone stayed in the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental San Francisco ? We have got it as part of a Princess pre-cruise -just wondering what people did for meals ,sightseeing etc.

Great old hotel, great location--You are at the top of Nob Hill...You can walk to a lot of places from there...My brother used to live a block away on California and we used to walk down into Chinatown from there to eat, take the Cable Car back up the hill...

So, Chinatown is very close, North Beach (my favorite area for food--great Italian places) and Fisherman's Wharf are also easy to reach by taxi or Cable Car...

The Cable Cars are a trip (and they pretty much Criss-cross right by your hotel)...and part of the tourist experience, but taxis are always handy in this part of town and most tourist sites are a short taxi tide away...depending on time, you can head down to Fishermans Wharf and walk around, visit Ghirardelli Square...maybe take a boat tour over to Alcatraz or a harbor tour...

You might want to go see Lombard Street --have your taxi driver drive you down, jump out at the bottom and take the classic photo...

For dinner, I'd head over to North Beach (really not a Beach at all but the district along Columbus between Chinatown and Fishermans Wharf)...and just walk around, enjoy the smells coming from the various eateries, read menus posted outside and pick a place for dinner--that's how I usually do it--stumble into some great meals that way...

Good luck...

We stayed at the Mark Hopkins in October '08, post Princess cruise for three days. Very nice hotel. In the evening, I suggest you take the elevator to the "Top of the Mark" for a drink and enjoy a 360 degree view of the city and bay area. At the time we were there, we listened to a fantastic pianist.

Darcy

• 2 months later...
Hi -Has anyone stayed in the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental San Francisco ?

We have got it as part of a Princess pre-cruise -just wondering what people did for meals ,sightseeing etc.

How much is it to stay here and cost of Princess transfers to/from airport/hotel/cruise port?

Archived