Question on how to transfer booking???

I don't believe a transfer is possible, because that would require that the TA that has the booking now must surrender it to the new one and they get a little territorial with those commissions. It is my understanding that you would have to cancel with the now TA and re-book with the new one, possibly losing the cabin you now have in the transition.

That is just my understanding of how all this works. But I've been wrong before.

Sheila
Likes to cruise twice as much for half the price.

You would have to convince your current TA to transfer the booking back to RCCL. (Or to your new TA, but that almost never happens) cruisldy is absolutely right, they will most likely fight with you over it, or just outright refuse, or charge you cancellation fees. Your TA is under no obligation to match other TA's pricing.

If you can convince them to release the booking back to RCCL, you can then transfer it to whomever you choose.

This is one of those situations to remember for "next time". The last time we booked on board we left the booking with RCCL until we were very sure about the agency we wanted to transfer it to. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

pbhunt is there any time limit on keeping a booking on board with RCCL until you decide which travel agent you want to transfer it to? We are looking for a good travel agent, ours had a baby and will not be back to work at least for a while.

There is no official time limit, but you would want to transfer your booking to a discount agent that you are happy with (price-wise, coupons, matches price drops or whatever) before the price goes up, and before final payment. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Archived