Radisson or Hampton...Pt. Canaveral????

We stayed at the Radisson last week. All I can say is DO NOT STAY THERE! It is horrible. It looks like they re-painted a La Quinta (Not that there is anything wrong with La Quinta, but not normally what you think of when you book a RADISSON!). Outside access rooms unless you book a suite - which were not available. The "secure" parking is a arm that looks like it will fall off. Not that there were any parking spaces available when we got there because they allowed people to park boats across 4 or 5 parking spaces so we had to park in the convention center parking lot. Which is where you will be leaving your car if you take their shuttle. I will never stay there again and have a call in to Radisson to complain. Inside the room, one of the cabinet doors was falling off the hinges. It was completely not worth what we paid.

We stayed there in Feb.with a big group. We didn't have any problems. Never had any problems finding parking spots.Arm went up with no problems at all. We all had cars. Our room was recently done over. It was fine. We went up front and ate at Zacchary's for breakfast. It was the best. Get there early. My brother and his wife were next door to us. Pool is beautiful. They were wonderful there. I would recommend them anyday. We had about 30 rooms booked. None of us complained. We sayed there for 2 nites. We travel all the time.

We stayed there in Feb.with a big group. We didn't have any problems. Never had any problems finding parking spots.Arm went up with no problems at all. We all had cars. Our room was recently done over. It was fine. We went up front and ate at Zacchary's for breakfast. It was the best. Get there early. My brother and his wife were next door to us. Pool is beautiful. They were wonderful there. I would recommend them anyday. We had about 30 rooms booked. None of us complained. We sayed there for 2 nites. We travel all the time.

Guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm glad everyone didn't have the issues we had. However, I still would never recommend this hotel to anyone. It was horrible. The "security guard" sat at the pool and talked to my sister for quite a while instead of patrolling. Never said the arm didn't go up. But there was no other security. All you had to do was walk around the arm. It was a joke! There was a sidewalk right next to it that I could have driven over!

planning to stay here pre-cruise one night in december...have heard and read GOOD things about it...but also too SOME dont like HI POM and we found the place just FINE and had a VERY NICE stay

we chose the Radisson over the Hampton cos it seem to be CLOSER to things specially a PLACE to get some soda and stuff before our cruise.

Check out reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com

And, then go to http://www.hotelsbythepier.com to see the location of the hotel. We booked the Marriott Residence Inn at a senior rate that was just a little over $100.00. I hear people get really good prices by using Priceline or Hotwire. To check what hotel you might get, go to http://biddingfortravel.com or http://betterbidding.com

I was traveling with spenc and completely agree with her! I will never stay at the Radisson at the port again and would never recommend it to anyone. It was terrible. The manager sent a guy with a luggage cart to the side of the building downstairs from where our room was to so we could take our luggage in (since we couldn't park near the building) and the guy just brought gave us the cart (3 women) and left. Thanks for the help! Now thats service! The pool was beautiful, but closed. They sent the security guy out because we dipped our feet into the pool. I found it listed as a 3 star hotel but personally I would say its more of a 1 to 1 1/2 star. (I can't think of another 3 star hotel with exterior access rooms). I guess its all expectations, I was expecting a very nice Radisson and instead got more of a Motel 6. I went back and looked at the pictures on the website and all I can say is creative photography.

I guess its all expectations, I was expecting a very nice Radisson and instead got more of a Motel 6. I went back and looked at the pictures on the website and all I can say is creative photography.

:(wonder if i need to re-think this stay:confused:

We just stayed at the Radisson on 5/8 and had no problems whatsoever. Our room was one that was recently renovated and it was very nice. We also had no problems with parking.

Everyone one of the staff we encountered was very nice and helpful. We already have another room booked there for November and next May.

Sorry you had so many problems.........we had none

:(wonder if i need to re-think this stay:confused:

Everyone has a different opinion. I found the Radisson to be great. We stayed there on April 16, 2010 (precruise).

We had a room in the 100 building facing the pool. And yes it had an outside entrance, but it still took a little to get there. Had to enter one building, take the elevator and then follow the breezeway to our room. The room was beautiful. Looked like it had been recently redone. Beautiful granite countertops and nice wooden furniture.

The arm to the parking lot worked while we were there and the pool was open and was used by many. It was very soothing listening to the running water just outside our room.

We left our car in their lot. As we were parking our car there were others coming off the Dream to retrieve their cars. We also took their shuttle and had the first one to the port. Called and got our name on the list when we made our reservation. Only paid $99 for the room, free parking and free shuttle. The shuttle was there when we got off and we went straight to the parking lot and were on our way before 8 am. All in all I was very happy with our stay. Of course I am not a single woman. I am a woman, but had my husband and adult son with me. We would definitely stay there again.

Sharon

Again - I never said the arm didn't work. I said that I don't consider a wooden arm "secured" parking since there was no other kind of enclosure. Anyone could walk into the parking lot across a sidewalk. As I said, I could have DRIVEN over the sidewalk! Sorry - but that is NOT a secured parking lot.

We left our car in their lot. As we were parking our car there were others coming off the Dream to retrieve their cars. We also took their shuttle and had the first one to the port. Called and got our name on the list when we made our reservation. Only paid $99 for the room, free parking and free shuttle. The shuttle was there when we got off and we went straight to the parking lot and were on our way before 8 am. All in all I was very happy with our stay. Of course I am not a single woman. I am a woman, but had my husband and adult son with me. We would definitely stay there again.

Sharon

Where did you go to book the room? I've looked at the Radisson website and they listed it as $139 for the "cruise park and shuttle" special. If I was to book on a discount site will they still let me park and shuttle free? Gotta save $$ where I can if I'm going to have a few refreshments on the ship! :)

Thanks!!

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites before and have it booked again. One of the best hotel stays I have had. Very clean, great staff and they offer a cruise parking package and shuttle to/from the ship. Everything worked great. You can also request a room with a view of the port.

Where did you go to book the room? I've looked at the Radisson website and they listed it as $139 for the "cruise park and shuttle" special. If I was to book on a discount site will they still let me park and shuttle free? Gotta save $$ where I can if I'm going to have a few refreshments on the ship! :)

Thanks!!

When we went they were having a sand castle contest. I checked out the website for that contest and they had links for hotel specials. It was only $99.00. I already had the Radisson booked at $108 (senior rate, since my husband is). I called the hotel direct and they gave me that special rate and still park our car and take the shuttle. Our rate did not include breakfast. I would check to see if there are any events going on when you are going and then see if the hotel has a special rate.

Sharon

Thanks!!

You get free parking/free shuttle with ANY rate you book at the Radisson. They don't advertise this, so don't pay a higher rate for park & cruise.....just book the regular room rate and you will still get parking/shuttle.

Again - I never said the arm didn't work. I said that I don't consider a wooden arm "secured" parking since there was no other kind of enclosure. Anyone could walk into the parking lot across a sidewalk. As I said, I could have DRIVEN over the sidewalk! Sorry - but that is NOT a secured parking lot.

If you are looking for a "secured parking lot", then you had better just park at the port.

All of the hotels that I know of who have free parking just let people park in their parking lots. I do not know of any of them who have a separate fenced, secured lot that you are looking for.

If you aren't going to provide a secured parking lot then you shouldn't advertise a secured parking lot, which is what the Radisson does. Again, I don't mind paying for a Radisson if I get to stay in a Radisson. This was not your typical Radisson hotel. It was basically a LaQuinta/Motel 6 type motel. Which are FINE if that is what you plan on staying in. If I had been traveling with my husband, I would have been fine with an outside access hotel. But when I travel with other ladies, I do not EVER stay in outside access rooms.

We stayed at the Radisson in February, we were in an old room, and it really was awful, very old furniture, worn out room, the fridege as very rusty, we were on the first floor facing the conventioncenter and it was very very loud. We were excited to go on the cruise and did not really care, but it would be hard to recommend this hotel. We did have to wait about 45 minutes for the shuttle and it was fairly disorganized.

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites before and have it booked again. One of the best hotel stays I have had. Very clean, great staff and they offer a cruise parking package and shuttle to/from the ship. Everything worked great. You can also request a room with a view of the port.

We've stayed here twice in the past and will be there this weekend. Totally agree. It's right "next door" to the Radisson and the Residence Inn. Parking lot is lit and patrolled. Inside rooms not outisde. But if you're with kids and need the water activities, the Radisson has the better pool.

yes again everyone has their own opinion, here's mine.....we have been staying at the radisson for the past 5 years when we cruise.... so that's about10-15 times..

we have never had a bad stay, we love it there. it's one night get over it

we get the petite room, one king bed around $90.00 we eat breakfast there, they have a great buffet, $10.00 each

sign up for the shuttle the first one is at 10:30 it's less than 1/2 mile to the cruise terminals

EVERYONE WHO WORKS THERE IS JUST GREAT hope i helped

PLEASE! What makes your opinion more relevant than mine? GET OVER IT????? Why should I get over it. If you like this hotel, that's fine. I have never said everyone is not entitled to their opinion. However, MY opinion, and it is just that, my opinion, is that this hotel is not up to the standards that I expect from a Radisson Hotel. More Motel 6/La Quinta. Not trying to say there is anything wrong with those hotels, but they are not what I would consider to be on the same level as a Radisson. I was very disappointed in this hotel.

We have stayed at the Radisson nearly every time we have cruised out of Port Canaveral. IMO it is a very good place to stay. We always go a day early just to relax and enjoy the area. The one time we stayed at another hotel, we wished we had booked the Radisson. We are booked for two nights this October as are many other friends that cruise when we do.

Ted

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the "heads up" on reserving a spot on the Radisson shuttle bus to the port. I did not know this. We are a large group (50+) going on the Dream in July for my niece's wedding so it was nice to get our whole group reserved on the 11 am shuttle. Thanks

:D

yes again everyone has their own opinion, here's mine.....we have been staying at the radisson for the past 5 years when we cruise.... so that's about10-15 times..

we have never had a bad stay, we love it there. sign up for the shuttle the first one is at 10:30 it's less than 1/2 mile to the cruise terminals

EVERYONE WHO WORKS THERE IS JUST GREAT hope i helped

that is what i LIKE to hear...now with the shuttle do you sign-up when you check-in?

Archived