Can an 11yo check themselves in/out of the kid's program?

When we cruised on the Star my son was 10 and he could sign himself out after 2 hours as long as I gave him permission for in/out priveleges. It was very nice to be able to have him sign himself in and out. We had assigned times to meet and rules so he wasn't just running around without supervision but still giving him some freedom.

Here is what I found on the NCL webiste -

*Kids 10-12 can be authorized by their parents to sign themselves in and out of program after 2 hours of active participation in the program. If authorization is not granted, only a designated adult over 21 may sign the 10-12 year old in and out of the program. The designated adult, over 21, must be listed on the Registration Form. Please have a photo ID ready for drop off or pick up.

Yes, on the Dawn On April 11, my daughter could sign herself out with permission....she is 10. I did not give permission. Felt uncomfortable with her being able to leave. I dropped her off, and would call kids camp to see if she was ready to leave.

With the world the way it is and the things that seem to happen to children--how can anyone let 11 year old girls walk the ship unsupervised??

i just do not get this.

BG

I simply asked what the policy was. Never intended this to be an ethics debate...:eek:

Archived