Something new on the Dawn

Just returned Sunday from another awesome cruise on our favorite ship- the Dawn. It was our eighth time on this beautiful ship- we consider it our second home. I am not going to do a full review, but wanted to let everyone know about their new entertainment/dining option. On our particular sailing they couldn't do the “Big Band Brunch” which we enjoyed on our previous cruise, due to a large group's meeting in one of the dining rooms. But on Thursday night they had a show combined with dining that was great. They called it the Grand “ole” Atrium Country Show. Jose and Patti performed country music in the atrium while we enjoyed a great dinner in Salsas. Their music filled the soaring Atrium (thanks to Jose's very expensive amps that could throw their music over the heads of people sitting right in front-so that everyone could enjoy). And I don't need to tell anyone how well they can sing- their shows are packed every night. They also brought tables and chairs out from Pearly Kings to turn the center of the atruim into a pub. The bar staff was dressed in Mexican garb and it truly became a fiesta. Although it was possible to just sit and enjoy the music- you couldn't beat having dinner in Salsas while listening to Jose and Patti's great music. According to Hotel Director Hugo this was the first of hopefully a few different types of music & dining. And I think they have a great thing going here. Just make sure you get your reservation for Salsas early, because it fills up fast.

We love the Dawn and love listening to Jose and Patti. Looking forward to this new treat!

Salsa has such great guacamole--and the lobster tacos.

Hope to run into you two again sometime.

Marylou and Doug

Salsa has such great guacamole--and the lobster tacos.

Totally agree!! I don't think I have ever had better guacamole and the lobster tacos are fantastic. Getting real hungry now.

I would definately sign up for that! Was there an extra charge over and above the surcharge for Salsa sans entertainment?

There was no extra charge above Salsas surcharge- so it was definately a bargain.

Diane & Marylou- We very much enjoyed cruising with you, hope we get to do it again soon. And Tobi is doing just fine- but he needs a haircut- one of his least favorite things. :p

to be musically entertained during dinner at Salsa, some like to just converse with their tablemates. During our dinner at Salsa in late January, we were blasted out of our seats by a very talented bagpiper, the waiter couldn't hear us to take our order. To each his own, silence can be golden.lolBarb:D

t

Archived