SHHHH Can you keep a secret?!

valancy1

OK, I just had to share.

I'm a veteran and we booked our cruise aboard Carnival Dream for September (just over 4 months away now) back in November when the friends and family sale was on for military members.

I don't check prices all the time--I've never had or found a price break. But the last 2 days of April, somehow I ended up at the Carnival website and saw a PRICE BREAK! Woo hoo and YAY ME!

So I call David, my PVP and guess what I did?! I booked us 2 adjoining balconies instead of OV's! AND NO ONE KNOWS IT!!!

Wheeeee... I love having a secret. LOL. Hubby and his two daughters haven't a clue!

Ok. Maybe it's dorky, but I am SO excited. :D

What a cool surprise for them! I'm doing something similar...planning a 25th wedding anniversary surprise for my DH on RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. He's never cruised before and the two of us so seldom get to "escape" so I'm pulling out all of the stops. I can't wait to share this with him...funny thing is, he runs a business with his father/brother and they are totally in on the secret too as well as our DD.

Have a great cruise and surprise! :)

OK, I just had to share.

I'm a veteran and we booked our cruise aboard Carnival Dream for September (just over 4 months away now) back in November when the friends and family sale was on for military members.

I don't check prices all the time--I've never had or found a price break. But the last 2 days of April, somehow I ended up at the Carnival website and saw a PRICE BREAK! Woo hoo and YAY ME!

So I call David, my PVP and guess what I did?! I booked us 2 adjoining balconies instead of OV's! AND NO ONE KNOWS IT!!!

Wheeeee... I love having a secret. LOL. Hubby and his two daughters haven't a clue!

Can you keep the secret til you sail? I hope so, that would be an awesome suprise for them!

OK, I just had to share.

AWESOME! Good for you for keeping it a secret. They will be so excited :)

Hello fellow dork!:p

Last year there was a last minute price drop which allowed me to upgrade from an OV to a balcony for $20 per person, so I did it but didn't tell my partner. He about flipped when we opened the door to our stateroom and he saw the balcony. Priceless!

i decided to do a surprise upgrade too (aft wrap)...then started to worry the mr would bust a gasket when he found out the price after the boarding surprise:o

thanks to both our military rate & ES the cabin price is now only $150+ more than the 8D fare i had booked originally 4 months ago!

keep watching for those price drops:)

I did the same thing...going to surprise DH with a balcony!! With all the price drops we'll be paying less for the balcony than our original OV!!!!! I managed to snag an L shaped balcony too. It's so hard not to "spill the beans"!! Going to order breakfast thru room service and keep wanting to say something to DH about sitting on the balcony and drinking our coffee!! Hopefully I can keep the surprise until the day we get on the ship! Fortunately DH has no clue about the layout of the ship or cabin categories etc. I can hardly wait!

Thanks all for letting my tell you my secret...helps to be able to "talk" to someone about it!

I also have a big surprise planned for TOMORROW! My travel buddy has no idea I upgraded us to an aftwrap on the Miracle, at my expense. She thinks it will be our 'regular' balcony. Have been keeping this secret since last May.

I *LOOOOOVE* all these secrets!!! Yes, I can keep the secret. I flew in my stepdaughter for her sister's birthday last month and NO ONE knew about it. HEE HEE.

I hope you all will keep sharing. We should have a thread after for after our returns talking about the surprise moment.

Oh, and Cruzeluvr you made me laugh out loud when I saw your salutation! LOL!!!

P.S., does anyone know how to get the partition removed (or swung open) after we get there?

Wow what wonderful surprises many of you are doing and I feel certain they will not go without HUGE GRINS from all those who are in the dark, so to speak !

Just hope they don't read CC or are over your shoulder when sharing the secrets with us ! :D

I *LOOOOOVE* all these secrets!!! Yes, I can keep the secret. I flew in my stepdaughter for her sister's birthday last month and NO ONE knew about it. HEE HEE.

I hope you all will keep sharing. We should have a thread after for after our returns talking about the surprise moment.

Oh, and Cruzeluvr you made me laugh out loud when I saw your salutation! LOL!!!

P.S., does anyone know how to get the partition removed (or swung open) after we get there?

Speak with your stateroom attendant when you board.... they will call engineering and send someone up to your stateroom if it can be done.

Wow what wonderful surprises many of you are doing and I feel certain they will not go without HUGE GRINS from all those who are in the dark, so to speak !

Just hope they don't read CC or are over your shoulder when sharing the secrets with us ! :D

Nope... I travel for a living and usually do my CC "work" (ha) when I'm in my hotel room.

Power to the secret keepers/makers!

Archived