Coffee Caraffes?

Razberryt

So my mom (and I as well) must have coffee first thing in the AM. I'm hearing we can order from room service and they will bring a caraffe, and then I am hearing that people have kept these and refilled them from coffee servers at the buffet, I guess to have later in the day in the room or whatever.

Is that really necessary? How long does the room service really take, and if I want it first thing in the morning, can I not just order it the night before??

:confused:

How long does the room service really take, and if I want it first thing in the morning, can I not just order it the night before??

You can have them deliver your room service anytime you request. I always order something before bed and hand the breakfast order form to the room service person then, with the time marked.

ordering from room service is great and generally arrives around the time ordered. However, there are 3000 people on the ship (of course not all ordering) so there can be a delay and that is why some people go and get their own coffee (takes 5 mins) on the Lido. I liked doing the later as I never knew how late or early I was going to wake up. When I get to the Lido there is always something else I pick up - fruit, muffin, danish etc

I'm sure others have different experiences, but I've never waited over 10-12 minutes for coffee & croissants to arrive in the mornings. Sometimes, the knock is on the door before I even get my robe on!

I do not want to have to jump into some clothes to go to Lido first thing in the morning.

When you call, say the order is for two. They should bring a carafe and two cups. Be sure and ask for the sugar, creamer, whatever you want.

Just tip the delivery person $1 (maybe $2 for larger orders of food).:)

Thanks for asking this.I had been wondering the same thing. I plan to get an early morning caraffe and fill up my cup for my till noonish coffee drinking. I have a question though. Do they have splenda from RS,and if I ask for like 20 packets will I get a funny look? I thought about just bringing my own box of it for sweet tea. Yall know us Southerners and our Sweet tea, :)

Specify Splenda if that's what you want. They send no condiments if you don't ask. Be specific. Ask for as many as you want....no guarantee, but doesn't hurt to ask.:)

Specify Splenda if that's what you want. They send no condiments if you don't ask. Be specific. Ask for as many as you want....no guarantee, but doesn't hurt to ask.:)

TY. I really just think Im gonna take a small box. My roomie and I have to hit the grocery store in Jax anyway,so Ill just grab some there. I just posted my own question about sweet tea.;)

I too drink splenda in my coffee. I can tolerate equal, but that pink stuff is GROSS, so I guess to be on the safe side, I'll bring some of my own. I swear, the older I get, the more I want my little habits!! Is seems sad that I'm going on a beautiful cruise and I'm thinking about details like what kind of sweetener I will have in my coffee! LOL

So my mom (and I as well) must have coffee first thing in the AM. I'm hearing we can order from room service and they will bring a caraffe, and then I am hearing that people have kept these and refilled them from coffee servers at the buffet, I guess to have later in the day in the room or whatever.

Is that really necessary? How long does the room service really take, and if I want it first thing in the morning, can I not just order it the night before??

I personally think the coffee from room service is better than the lido.. and you can order it anytime of day thru room service..just make sure if you order thru room service that you tick off milk and sugar...if you need it;)

The night before port days port we put the room service card out, ordering "first breakfast". Basically that's just coffee, some pastries and fruit. I find it much better than having to get all dressed to go up to the Lido to get my coffee. We then follow up with a "real breakfast" in the main dining room. I prefer this to the Lido breakfast crowds.

On sea days, we don't order room service the night before. Sea days are totally unplanned, so I have no idea what time we'll be getting up. We then order coffee and a pastry or two from room service, and only have to wait a little bit to get it. Then we have our "real breakfast".

I don't know why you would want to keep the carafe and refill it on Lido, unless you were a MAJOR coffee drinker that always had to have a cup in hand. Or unless you had a bottle of smuggled Bailey's in your cabin that was just dying for a cup of coffee to accompany it. But to each his/her own.

I too drink splenda in my coffee. I can tolerate equal, but that pink stuff is GROSS, so I guess to be on the safe side, I'll bring some of my own. I swear, the older I get, the more I want my little habits!! Is seems sad that I'm going on a beautiful cruise and I'm thinking about details like what kind of sweetener I will have in my coffee! LOL

You can bring your own Splenda, but they have all you want up on the Lido deck. Just grab what you need and take it back to your cabin.

Perfect! Thank you! I just always assume that Splenda is as popular with everyone else as it is with me, but I have been places where they don't have it, and that always stinks!

Thanks for verifying they have it on Carnival.

Just got off the Dream today, the first morning I ordered coffee by way of putting the "card" out the night before, saying what time I would like it. The rest of the week I just ordered from room service by way of the T.V. That way, I just woke up when I wanted to and within 10 or 15 minutes the coffee arrived!!!! You can do alot on theTV now - i.e., check your sign and sale, see what's for dinner, breakfast, room service, etc.

The carafe's are pretty small for us two we always write four on the night before room service breakfast card.

FOUR ??? :eek: Can anyone estimate how many cups you can get out of one? I was going to order two? One for myself and one for my Fiance. Thank-You. Cari

I would expect that the coffee is the same that they serve on on Lido. My husband and I both HAVE to have coffee right away in the am too! In the past we would bring a thermos or thermal mugs and one of us would take turns going up to the Lido and filling them up and bring it back to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony. They are not too bulky to pack either.

On another note.....do they serve potatoe chips? On previous cruises I was craving them and they didn't have them.

we fill out the little menu thingy and put it on our door the night before, makes a nice wake up call, we just make sure we have a buck or two for tip on the dresser. It's lovely!!

If I wanted coffee later in the day I'd just order more from room service, the coffee on Lido sux.

Cheers, Carole

I would expect that the coffee is the same that they serve on on Lido. My husband and I both HAVE to have coffee right away in the am too! In the past we would bring a thermos or thermal mugs and one of us would take turns going up to the Lido and filling them up and bring it back to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony. They are not too bulky to pack either.

On another note.....do they serve potatoe chips? On previous cruises I was craving them and they didn't have them.

Nope the coffee on the Lido definitely doesn't taste as good as what they serve through room service, I think either it sits too long and is gross or it's the coffee syrup stuff, it's not as good

FOUR ??? :eek: Can anyone estimate how many cups you can get out of one? I was going to order two? One for myself and one for my Fiance. Thank-You. Cari

we get about 3 cups out of each carafe

Also if your huge coffee fans don't forget if you eat in MDR I think any meal time you get free Cappacino or Espresso, it's delish!!!

if I was a coffee drinker and didn't have a balcony cabin...

I think I would head to the serenity deck have a couple cups of coffee

and a couple of cigs.

Then go back to my cabin take a shower and get dressed for the day and

go to the lido buffett.

They do serve potato chips with sandwiches through room service. I sure they would just bring you a plate of chips, if that is what you wanted.

Sue

Archived