extend a stay ?

I am travelling with my Sis and her boyfreind on the May 22 cruise , we are thinking about extending our trip at the end. We do not know which island, Moorea or Papeete would be the best choice. Does anyone have an insight on these two locations?:rolleyes:

I am travelling with my Sis and her boyfreind on the May 22 cruise , we are thinking about extending our trip at the end. We do not know which island, Moorea or Papeete would be the best choice. Does anyone have an insight on these two locations?:rolleyes:

Moorea, by a mile. That is, if you have time for at least 2-3 days. Moorea is gorgeous and there's lots to do. Papeete not so much :p

You can, if you wish, get off the ship while in Moorea, the last afternoon of most itineraries. You just miss the last night on board, which is nice, but so is Moorea.

Absolutely Moorea. Papeete is not much to write home about.

I had not thought of the option Wendy suggests, but I think it is a really good one. The last night on the PG is nice, but with all the hallways crowded with bags waiting to be off-loaded overnight, I always feel the onset of the FP flu. I think next time (listen to me...we are six weeks from our fifth trip and already I'm thinking about number six!:o), we might get off in Moorea.

Ditto!

Choose Moorea! If you can, stay at the Hilton. Their lagoon is the best if you want to continue your snorkeling adventure. It's not rated the #1 hotel by Moorea travelers for nothing. I admit to hotel hopping on Moorea last year. 4 of us rented a car and hit just about every hotel. The Hilton had the best lunch, atmosphere and snorkeling. The Hilton has regular rooms, beach bungalows and OWB. The bungalows are fabulous - I peeked into one while it was being cleaned.

Papeete itself is the commerce center for FP. It's congested and busy, but I also liked the black sand beach at the Radisson a whole lot.

May 22 is coming up fast! let us know what you choose. Check out Trip Advisor online for more hotel options and ratings.

We got friendly with a couple near the end of our 14-day last time and we were on the catamaran/snorkel trip with them on Moorea. Right after that, they were disembarking and heading straight for their hotel. I admit I was jealous, however much I enjoy that last night, and last morning on the ship.

I have no opinions about hotels since I have not stayed in any on Moorea, but if you do a post-cruise with the cruise line, they'll offer the IC, which is, after all, owned by the same people.

Archived