Review of Silver Wind from 1st timer on Silver Sea

BWR47CT

I think the smaller ships (Cloud, Wind) are better in unsettled seas that the Whisper and Shadow. IMHO, the Wind and Cloud are cozier, quieter and just as comfortable as the others. The crew is terrific. Of course, the bathroom is smaller, there is no separate shower, and that is a deal breaker for some people. We have done extensive trips on all four of the ships. My spouse prefers the Wind and Cloud and I love them all! Have a great time. dougburns, we flew Mardrid-Las Palmas, not too inconvenient.

Thanks for the re-assurances re Cloud and Wind. The problem with air is that we have to come and go from/to Phoenix. Our last trip on Iberia took us 26 hours from here to Tenerife and there were no flight or schedule delays, just layovers at JFK and Madrid. I know we'll get better connections out of Lisbon; probably Continental or BA. The main reasons for selecting the Wind cruise are so that we can visit close friends in Capetown for a few days pre-cruise and see the west coast of Africa north of Namibia.

Archived