Transfer Time Orlando to Port Canaveral

Check with Royal Caribbean. They monitor all flights coming in the day of sailing. They most likely will start loading the buses around 10am. It is an hour drive to the ship; which would get you to the dock by 11am; normally you won't be able to start boarding prior to 11am. So to answer your question, I would arrive at the airport around ten am.

In the past, when Mariner was at Port Canaveral, we would arrive at the RCI terminal between 11:00 and 12:00 and were (all except once) able to get on the ship right away. I don't know if it's the same now. I hope so anyway, since we'll be on Freedom in June. We like getting on board early and since we live an hour from the pier, it's easy enough to get there by noon. We like to eat lunch, explore the ship, make any dinner or drink arrangements and then relax by the pool (with a cocktail, of course). And, I think, because we arrive pretty early, our luggage is usually in our room by mid-afternnon.

Archived