Liberty? Qs for you guys ~ Please help :-)

Ok fellow CC people - I'm going to surprise my mom with a cruise - she has never been before! (I have to admit, the WOW sale is what made my mind up.)

Was needing Nov 2011, since that is around her birthday.

I've cruised 1 time - interior room, so I need YOUR help :-)

I am thinking about a 5 nighter with a balcony - 'Liberty of the Seas' to Belize City and Cozumel, she is more interested in culture while I am more interested in boat drinks, R&R and shopping. So I think that cruise is a good choice. (but still open for ideas!)

My questions are - what is the best location on the ship for a balcony room? We don't want to have to walk far to get everywhere (mom has a bad back) but then we want it semi-quiet at night, if that is possible, ha ha.

Also - I could see the logical reasoning behind a balcony for an Alaskan cruise, but for this itinerary, is it necessary? The only other cruise I went on was a 4 nighter to the Bahamas and I was alright with an interior room, I didn’t feel like I missed out on anything by NOT having a window. But I want to speak with the people who have had first hand experience. I was just thinking if I'm not missing out on a LOT, I would book interior and do something else too- like excursions, etc.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Deck 8,9 or 10 near midship would be quiet and close to elevators. And I would try to take advantage of the lower fairs in the E1 2 or 3 catagories over a D cat. You'll save a little money. You've chosen well for cultural activities. And you can party on Liberty till the cows come home:confused: And don't forget to do your mock bookings every month from now till you cruise to take advantage of markdowns.

For me personally, a balacony room was something I could live without...until I finally stayed in one. I had insides on my first few cruises and was very happy with them. Then I splurged on a balcony one trip and can't imagine going back to an inside now (not on a 7 night anyway, which is all I've ever done).

For me, having the balcony just makes being in the room that much more enjoyable. Not that I spend a ton of time in the room, but the time I do spend there isn't filled with "get ready as quickly as possible and get the heck out of here!!!" mentality. Nothing more relaxing than just chilling out on the balcony with a cup of coffee or adult beverage.

So if you feel you'll be happy in an inside and would rather spend the extra money elsewhere, then stick with an inside. On the other hand, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed if you decide on a balcony. Just be prepared to never look at inside cabins the same way ever again.

For us, a balcony is a must as we enjoy the opportunity to view the ocean on our own private, albeit small, deck. As the poster above noted, having a bevarage of choice in the mostly private enclosure of your balcony is difficult to duplicate anywhere else when at sea. Additionally, the cabin space feels so much more open with the view in the background.

Archived