Help with Cabins on Grand Princess

KayJay4

Please help! I am confused!! I think we have found a good deal for Grand Princess to the Med on 21st August. There's a choice of D720-731, D203, D119, D121. How on earth do I choose?

Also is there a non smoking side to the ship? It would be a problem for one of us if there were smoking on the balcomies because of a lung condition. Not too bothered about the public areas.

I'll be grateful for any help that I can be given about the Grand's kids clubs too. Thanks in advance :)

Normally I would recommend one of the aft rooms over a forward room. But in your case, I would suggest forward because of your concerns about smoking. Smoking is allowed in all cabins and on all balconies. To minimize the chances of smoke wafting to your balcony, pick something with fewer balconies ahead of you, so D203.

I've been a member for a while I love reading your info but this is my first post. My husband, daughter (1year old) and I are going on the Grand on 10th July we booked in April 09 so at the time had our pick of cabins. We have chosen an outside D grade on Plaza P303.

My question is really about the 2 bunks in our cabin I was really upset to find out that they actually stick out from the wall. We have cruised twice with RC but this is our first with Princess. I was nieve enough to think the 3rd/4th berth would be either a sofa bed or bunks that go flush into the wall rather than sticking out. To be honest it is going to be tight as is because we'll have my daughter's travel cot, pram etc I actually burst into tears when I saw a pic (nowhere on princess does it state that these beds are like this).

Anyway my question is does anyone know if we actually had to book a 3rd 4th berth cabin even thought we don't need the beds. I have read it might be to do with numbers however I have heard of roll away beds being put into 2 person cabins. Basically I would like a cabin without these bunks if possible without upgrading to a mini suite as we can't afford this. Do you think I have any leverage with princess to move me as it isn't stated in their brochure?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Debbie :)

Please help! I am confused!! I think we have found a good deal for Grand Princess to the Med on 21st August. There's a choice of D720-731, D203, D119, D121. How on earth do I choose?

Also is there a non smoking side to the ship? It would be a problem for one of us if there were smoking on the balcomies because of a lung condition. Not too bothered about the public areas.

I'll be grateful for any help that I can be given about the Grand's kids clubs too. Thanks in advance :)

Its just a matter of "luck" whether you get smokers on nearby balconies, and you won't know this until you go outside on your balcony and smell the smoke. You could always politely mention this to your neighbours I suppose, but what reaction you would get would be anyone's guess.

On the ten cruises I have done, I have only ever been bothered by this once, and I just went in if my neighbours were smoking and went back out later.

Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Grand - one of my favourite ships.

I've been a member for a while I love reading your info but this is my first post.

Hi Debbie and welcome to CC.

You have a concern that deserves a reply, but you've asked it in the wrong place. I suggest you begin a new thread and copy your message into it. You'll receive many more responses that way.

Good luck...and enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Debbie,

In order to book three people into a cabin you must have three berths. Period. I just checked your cruise and all the OV unobstructed rooms are waitlisted, so even if your rollaway/switch cabins idea would work there is nothing to move you into. Frankly... I think you will have more room with the cabin you now have. A rollaway in an outside will take up any floor space you now have, if it is even possible to get one in there. You definitely won't have room if you also have a travel cot set up.

I have been in one of those outsides with the wall-mounted bunks; one way to get more space is to put the doubled twins flush against one wall. It will give you lots more floor space if one of you does not mind the side of the bed against the wall and having the nightstand on the other side. We put the trash can and the glass table in the closet and not having to manuever around those made it much easer to slide past the bunk without bashing your shoulder.

Thank you for your replies I really appreciate it. I will post again in a new post. I am a little concerned about paying nearly £3000 for a cabin where you have to be careful not to bash your shoulder getting into bed lol and cry all in one!!!

Thanks again

Archived