Coach from Liverpool - Grand Princess 05/06/10

wobblybob74

A very good morning to you all,

I'm not sure if this should be in the 'Roll-Call' section so apologies to the moderators if I've slipped up!

We're taking advantage of the free coach from Norton Street coach station in Liverpool as we didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of driving home all the way from Southampton after two weeks of chilling out.

Is anybody else on the same coach? Would be good to 'meet' our fellow travellers before we get on board!

(Incidentally, I used to work in the coaching industry and if you're worried about the quality of the coach or the driver you needn't be. Eavesway are one of the top coach operators in the country and their vehicles and drivers are top-notch.)

Cheers!

Rob :D

Hi Wobblybob (or can I call you Wobbly for short?)

We are on Grand Princess on 10th July and taking the coach from Preston, so it's good to hear that Eavesway are good people.

Previously we have driven or flown to Southampton, so this will be a new experience... but hopefully we will get to meet some fellow cruisers before we sail.

A very good morning to you all,

I'm not sure if this should be in the 'Roll-Call' section so apologies to the moderators if I've slipped up!

I assume by 5/6/10 you mean June 5, 2010.

Yes, it would be better to post on your roll call which would be at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1138947 is June 5,2010 is the correct date.

I love the way you call a bus a coach.

I spent a month in London and it's outskirts about 10 years ago and I didn't want to come home. I love it there.

I'm constantly trying to find a way to go back.

Speaking of coaches I had to take one from Heathrow when I landed as the taxi ride to my hotel was 60 pounds!! It came to around $90 at that time. Yikes!

I assume by 5/6/10 you mean June 5, 2010.

I do yes. I the UK, we write the date correctly ;):D

Yes, it would be better to post on your roll call which would be at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1138947 is June 5,2010 is the correct date.

'Tis done, Bill. Thanks for that.

NYGirl1002 - In the UK, buses and coaches are distinct and separate. A bus is something that you'd use to go to work, or shopping etc (and something I drive!) and a coach is something that you'd travel between cities on, or go on holiday on.

We are on the Eavesway coach from Glasgow on 21st August.

We have travelled with them several times with P&O and always had good experiences.

It is a good way to go.:)

We're taking advantage of the free coach from Norton Street coach station in Liverpool as we didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of driving home all the way from Southampton after two weeks of chilling out.

Curious, how is it free?

Is it part of a package? :)

Hi There,

Princess often offer free Parking or free coach travel to Southampton from throughout UK.

yours Shogun

Another reason that cruise prices booked in England may be more than the same Southampton cruise booked in the USA. It is really not "free", it is included.

Hi bobblywobbly, :D

How long is that coach journey? Is it the same day as the cruise?

I'm not sure how long the journey is, but we leave Liverpool at 0745 so I;d imagine that we'll be in Southampton by 1400 at the latest. And yes, it's the same day as the cruise but as it's provided by Princess then I'd imagine that they'd delay the sailing should there be any problem on the way down.

I'm not sure how long the journey is, but we leave Liverpool at 0745 so I;d imagine that we'll be in Southampton by 1400 at the latest. And yes, it's the same day as the cruise but as it's provided by Princess then I'd imagine that they'd delay the sailing should there be any problem on the way down.

Thanks. We're considering a Southampton cruise later this year. I kind of thought we'd better make our way down there the night before, but I'm sure you're correct about them waiting for Princess coaches. :)

I love the way you call a bus a coach.

Hey! It's our language! You're the ones that broke it! :D

To us, a bus runs a pre-determined route, passengers get on and off at various stops, and buy their own ticket. The interior is basic - leatherette seats, vinyl flooring.

A UK coach is usually (but not always) chartered to run direct, non-stop, for a group of people.

A UK coach is also more luxurious - both in upholstery and in trim, and often has a video entertainment system, a toilet and drinks machine.

Generally bus and coach services are run by different companies.

Coach drivers certainly consider themselves superior to bus drivers.

Hey! It's our language! You're the ones that broke it! :D

Merciful heavens, that made me laugh! :D

Coach drivers certainly consider themselves superior to bus drivers.

Well, I've done both jobs and to be honest, the coach drivers that consider themselves better than bus drivers are full of cack if you get my meaning...

Just out of interest, where in Southport do you live? We're in Birkdale...

Another reason that cruise prices booked in England may be more than the same Southampton cruise booked in the USA. It is really not "free", it is included.

Not ALL cruises from Southampton offer free parking or coach travel. It is only on selected sailings and set dates and ships. On all other cruises, passengers will have to pay separaetely for parking and travel.

Archived