Summit to Bermuda Snorkle Excursion

Editor

NO need to take a snorkeling excursion. Check the port of call board for lots of good info on where to snorkel.

Happy Sails to You

Bob and Phyl

OOOEEE, Baby, Won't you let me take you on a Sea Cruise!

Hi Jill and Joe :)

That is where we snorkeled a couple of years ago-fantastic. It was recommended by one of the guys at the aquarium. The bus goes right by there.

I have also heard that the snorkel park is fine and right near the dockyard.

OT-wanna have an "Enchanting" dinner with us December 6th?

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

A accredited well suggestion.

Try the Helmet Dive.

The Bermuda Islands (Somers Isles ), to me, are the nicest island chain on earth.

:cool:

Hi:

My D and I will be on the June 27th sailing.

Has anyone taken one of the snorkeling excursions. If so, which one and how was it?

Thanks!

At Tobacco Bay (we just got off our cruise) there was a very nice couple that were just unpacking boxes upon boxes of brand new snorkel equipment. It was $10 per hour or $25 for the day. I am in agreement with the others that you should get a private charter (jessiejames) or just take the bus and do your own thing. I think later in the season like June at Church Bay there might be someone who rents equipment on the beach. They were not yet out for us last week but then again it was too cold.

If you choose Tobacco Bay just take the Ferry to St. Georges and then take the mini-bus ($4) and they will drop you at the top of the hill (visit Tobacco Bay). You can then walk to Blackbeards hideout (overlooking Achilles Bay) for a very good lunch). Right next to that is Fort St. Catherine. Then you can walk back into town visiting the unfinished church along the way and walk the streets of St. Georges and take the ferry home again. This was the most delightful day for us.

If you want to do Church Bay which we did this is what we did for the day. We took the #7 bus to Gibbs light house and walked to the top. Then we took a 15 min walk to Church Bay and hungout there. We hopped a bus back towards Hamilton and spent a good deal of time at the Swizzle Inn. We had an AWESOME lunch which included two pitchers of Rum Swizzle..lol. So we did stagger out and hoped a bus back to the dockyard. We were parched upon arrival so we stopped at the bonefish for an additional beverage :p

Jenn

Jenn

Thanks!

If we go on our own, where can we get snorkel gear?

Hi:

My D and I will be on the June 27th sailing.

Has anyone taken one of the snorkeling excursions. If so, which one and how was it?

Thanks!

To be honest you dont need to purchase a snorkeling excursion. I am soooo glad we didnt! We saw so many fish on our own at Tobacco Bay and Horseshoe Bay. We brought our own equipment.

Archived