cruise critic member

I was reading a critic entry and they had suggested that you put a cruise critic page on the cabin door to get better service. Is there a specific page or decal page to download. What is this person referring to? Also do all ships typically have a cruise critic party?

A Cruise Critic party is held on a ship if the event coordinator is contacted to set one up. If you have a large enough group on here to warrant an official gathering then you get in touch with the shoreside event coordinator and have some space reserved. It's usually on the first sea day of the itinerary. :)

There is some sort of area on here where you can find the door poster but I personally don't like the idea of using that as a door decoration. I do use other things on the door but not that. By now NCL knows who I am which is rather interesting. John O'Hara figured out who I was and from there the rest is history no matter what ship I'm on they know who I am! :D:eek::D

I was reading a critic entry and they had suggested that you put a cruise critic page on the cabin door to get better service. Is there a specific page or decal page to download. What is this person referring to? Also do all ships typically have a cruise critic party?

I think attending the Meet & Greet is a good way to meet the staff. I was consistently asked on my last cruise on the Sun how things were going. I was the one who arranged our M&G with the event coordinator and Pedro the cruise director who attended was very vocal about wanting to correct anything we weren't happy with. He seemed to ask me every day how things were going and how he was there to provide us with many fun things to do and stressed that NCL listens to CC member's feedback. The Sun had a great staff.

A cruise critic logo, etc on your door should not affect the service that you get....why should it??

Maybe create a small poster that says "I'm Special....you better believe it" would work better??

I've seen the link for the door signs. When I go to NCL roll calls and then click on the Jewel there is a section at the top labeled 'announcements'. One of the announcements is for the door signs. Have fun on your cruise with or without a sign!:)

Sunny6 is correct, they are in the roll call section. I agree that the signs should not get you better service, but find the ATTITUDE that the other members gave you for asking a question to be ridiculous.

That's one of the neatest things about NCL - the crew, staff, and officers may not know you by name or know you're a cruise critic member, but they will greet you in a friendly manner, ask how you're doing, how everything's going, make a suggestion to you in a restaurant, help you even without asking them to do so, etc.

The interaction they have with the passengers really makes the vacation even better, because you feel like a welcome guest rather than just a paying customer.

At least that's been our experience on our three cruises so far with us only attending one roll call get together (not an official meet and greet with officers attending, though one or two did stop and chat as they were going about their duties with the bar personnel).

Happy sailing!

A Cruise Critic party is held on a ship if the event coordinator is contacted to set one up. If you have a large enough group on here to warrant an official gathering then you get in touch with the shoreside event coordinator and have some space reserved. It's usually on the first sea day of the itinerary. :)

There is some sort of area on here where you can find the door poster but I personally don't like the idea of using that as a door decoration. I do use other things on the door but not that. By now NCL knows who I am which is rather interesting. John O'Hara figured out who I was and from there the rest is history no matter what ship I'm on they know who I am! :D:eek::D

God love John O'Hara. I'm wondering if any of the othe HD's come close to being as good as he is.

Yes, they specifically prefer there be nothing on the doors, and sometimes take stuff down. Sometimes they leave it alone. This does not mean it is okay, just that they looked the other way.

As to the service part. Yes, put up the sign so you get special service. Somebody did that on our cruise and the rest of the cabins got crappy service. (just kidding)

This goes back to the door decoration post that was running for a while. It was mentioned that signs that were TAPED to the door would be removed because it was a pain to remove the sitcky residue, etc. Magnets are more 'allowable' so many people get large magnets to put on the doors. I for one might bring my magnet and hang the CC door sign up with it. :)

I think an extra $20 bill will do more for good service then a Cruise Critic sign taped to a door that NCL perfers you don't do. Those you are expecting better service from are the ones that have to clean that door after you leave the ship. :rolleyes:

Archived