Disembarkment ?

LJH1

I was just reading " usvicruiser" experience today disembarking. We are new to Carnival and FLL port. We have a 12:35 flight same day.

Does Carnival have a self embarkment like NCL? Also will we have trouble making flight I think we have to be there 2 hours earlier? Thanks

I also checked that there is 6 ships in that day Sunday Feb 6.

I was just reading " usvicruiser" experience today disembarking. We are new to Carnival and FLL port. We have a 12:35 flight same day.

Does Carnival have a self embarkment like NCL? Also will we have trouble making flight I think we have to be there 2 hours earlier? Thanks

Don't let the experience you read scare you. This was a one time special situation where Fantasy came in first to disembark and then left to head to Charleston SC to it's new home port. Elation came in right behind it around noon and had to disembark and turn around for a seven day cruise. The Mobile terminal is not designed to handle two ships at once, so it was a real screw up, but that is not the norm in Mobile or anywhere else for that matter.

You can do the self assist, we were on the Freedom last month in FLL, we did self assist, and we're in a cab by 8:30 am. You will have no problems, FLL is capable of handling several ships and there was no apparent shortage of cabs.

Don't let the experience you read scare you. This was a one time special situation where Fantasy came in first to disembark and then left to head to Charleston SC to it's new home port. Elation came in right behind it around noon and had to disembark and turn around for a seven day cruise. The Mobile terminal is not designed to handle two ships at once, so it was a real screw up, but that is not the norm in Mobile or anywhere else for that matter.

Thanks I wasn't paying attention to the port name. So you thin we'll be ok with a 12:30 flight and 6 ships in?

I started that thread mainly because today's disembarkation is so not the norm for a Carnival disembarkation. I've disembarked from FLL and it was very fast and hassle free. Assuming nothing out of the ordinary (like the Sensation bomb scare), you should make your 12:35 flight with time to spare.

I started that thread mainly because today's disembarkation is so not the norm for a Carnival disembarkation. I've disembarked from FLL and it was very fast and hassle free. Assuming nothing out of the ordinary (like the Sensation bomb scare), you should make your 12:35 flight with time to spare.

Thanks usvicruiser when I read your post I just assumed you were talking about FLL

I got off today with folks who needed to catch a 10:55 am flight or some such and we got held up some.. but Im sure they still were fine.

Your time is late enough, looks good to me

If you check back in on this thread, firefly, I wanted you to know I missed your posts while you were gone! Hope you had great time!

We did self assist when we were on the Freedom a few weeks ago. We had an 11:35 flight out FLL and we got to the airport at about 7am. I had worried about our departure time, but there was no need for the worry at all.

I think you'll have a couple hours to kill at the airport, barring a bomb scare or something huge and unusual like that.

We've flown out of FLL many times and it's always quick and painless, and each time there were plenty of cabs coming and going.

Have an awesome time and don't worry

If you check back in on this thread, firefly, I wanted you to know I missed your posts while you were gone! Hope you had great time!

We did have a great time, but I checked my roll call and some were still going thru Customs after Noon with 760 more pax behind them they said. That full customs thing... Id hate to hit that with a early flight. but assume you would cope the way people did today and get off with the self disembarkers (even some who werent self disembarks lol).

Iv heard Host Mach talk about that full customs check they do periodically, but first time Iv hit it. Im flying to a cruise next year... it does make you think hard about what time to pick to fly home?

Archived