Tell me about Cove cabins on Dream

dwing18

Carnival called me today for some unknown reason. It better not be to upgrade from my cove to an upper balcony....NO THANKS!

I'm actually a little worried about this too. They wouldn't upgrade without telling would they? I would hate to show up at the port the day we embark and have them tell us we've been "upgraded." :eek:

I'm actually a little worried about this too. They wouldn't upgrade without telling would they? I would hate to show up at the port the day we embark and have them tell us we've been "upgraded." :eek:

They will not move your category without asking/telling. Only the Coves are 7C. I too, would refuse an "upgrade". I booked the Cove for a reason. I think many people do!

I thought there was plenty of ventilation. Plus you are closer to the water which is relatively cool. Never thought it was hot - maybe sometimes the opposite.

Thanks Sargent....Getting more and more excited :)

I am so excited. We were booked to be in a balcony on lido deck in the front of the ship and I thought we would try a cove so I called this morning and changed to a cove(the last one) and to my surprise it was $265.00 cheaper. Now I am really excited to hear from all of you that you loved yours. We are sailing on sept 11. We went through hurricane Ike on the valor I wonder how it will be with a cove balcony in high seas????

We are sailing on sept 11. We went through hurricane Ike on the valor I wonder how it will be with a cove balcony in high seas????

If they are expecting really rough seas and winds, they will seal the balcony door, but you ill still be left with a really big window ocean view. Pictures of the operation can be found here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/coveDummies.htm

This would not be typical in the Caribbean unless there was a tropical disturbance in your path.

I have a cove on the Magic next summer in the Med. My only concern is whether the view will be as dramatic so close to the water. And, not a big concern, either.

As dramatic as what?

I think the view is superior over most other balconies. The life boats are above you, as is the Promenade Deck. The other balconies are above the Promenade Deck, so that can block their view looking down, as can the life boats.

I am so excited. We were booked to be in a balcony on lido deck in the front of the ship and I thought we would try a cove so I called this morning and changed to a cove(the last one) and to my surprise it was $265.00 cheaper.

That's the beauty of the Cove. Not only are they well liked for view, location, etc., the price is better too!

(When we booked back in early September, my PVP actually tried to talk us out of booking a cove!)

Wow, look how calm that water is....just beautiful!!! The meal don't look bad either LOL

This is a pic I took last year while cruising through the Gulf towards New Orleans. The sad thing is is that this same spot is probably covered in oil right about now. :(

Gulf.jpg

Sad to think isn't it :(

It saddens me to think of how much ocean life is going to be effected.

What a beautiful picture...sure hope I will get some great shots like that in October!

Thanks for sharing :)

To: RMcoolX

Thank you so much for the BEAUTIFUL photo...Hope you don't mind, it is now the background on my computer...Makes me wish our cruise was sooo much sooner..July seems so far away!

Today, I changed to a cove balconies for our cruise in December! These will be our first balconies!

I'm so excited but I know these next 6 months are going to go by at a snails pace.

Can the dividers between the balconies be removed? My family have 2 rooms next to each other. They're not adjoining rooms but they are next to each other.

Archived