Just booked the Oceana

Presto2

Hi

Am a bit shell shocked as we have just booked a 2 night cruise for this August on the Oceana. We had originally booked a holiday to Spain but have become increasingly concerned about the ash situation and decided that with the savings we have made on this cruise we could 'forget' our deposit for the other holiday and 'go for it' ! :D:D

We are hoping that the Oceana will suit us - last year we did the OV2 and have just booked a cruise on Celebrity Sihouette for a big birthday next year. I think we have got the cruise bug and there is no going back! :eek:

We are guessing that the Oceana will be a notch above OV2 (which we enjoyed) and are looking forward to the cruise - formal nights, trips, fabulous food etc and NO flying !! :):):)

Sorry to ramble ---- am still in shock .............

Oceana is a fantastic ship a real step up from OV (only done OV1) in my opinion. With a 2 nighter you will only get a taster of the ship and P&O hopefully you will enjoy and be back for more!

Oceana is a fantastic ship a real step up from OV (only done OV1) in my opinion. With a 2 nighter you will only get a taster of the ship and P&O hopefully you will enjoy and be back for more!

Sorry, that should read 2 WEEK cruise ! Just shows that I was in shock :D:D:D

Not sure if I can edit it either ---------------- oh well, am still stunned and now very very excited ! We have already booked 2 excursions ! :D:D:D

Hubby is still in shock - he now has to go out and buy his formal gear ! I got mine last January for NEXT year but it looks like I'll be able to make use of it sooner than expected :)

Presto

I loved Oceana. On there last September to the Fjords. Some photos in this album if you want to show hubbie. Do try Cafe Jardin for breakfast and as a Marco Pierre White restaurant in the evening.

click link below....

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/OceanaAugust2009FjordsCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCPSenbjJ_a7hXQ#5378441032851422274

Sue

Cafe jardin is "the" place for breakfast.

Civilised, and peaceful. At least for the first few days. then almost everyone get to know about it, and it becomes busy.

The Adraitic restaurant, one of the main dining rooms, was ok. The wait staff were from Goa, friendly people, but the food was only ok. Could have been hotter, and although advertised as silver service, it isnt.

No bad really.

The Oceana, is a hand-down from prinvess cruises. parent company carnival sometimes move ships around the fleet. Used to be Ocean Princess.

Enjoy your cruise

The only failing on Oceana is the cabin size... they are substantially smaller than those on OV.

Everything else is great - super dining rooms with waiter service, and you can have room service any time - (we liked a room service breakfast, coffee & cereals, to start the day).

The Marco Pierre White (Shouldn't it be "LeBlanc"?) restaurant makes a nice change in the evening for a very small supplement... they also serve a late breakfast and great late night snacks.

Enjoy!

OV2 is pretty similar to Oceana. Oceana, and her sisters, are one evolution along from OV2 and her sister. There afts are almost identical.

Oceana is a lovely ship and you will enjoy her. there are some fantastic views to be had abover the bridge.

The only failing on Oceana is the cabin size... they are substantially smaller than those on OV.

Everything else is great - super dining rooms with waiter service, and you can have room service any time - (we liked a room service breakfast, coffee & cereals, to start the day).

The Marco Pierre White (Shouldn't it be "LeBlanc"?) restaurant makes a nice change in the evening for a very small supplement... they also serve a late breakfast and great late night snacks.

Enjoy!

Sounds fantastic - am not too worried about the cabin size as long as I get my balcony! The idea of room service sounds great for breakfast as well ! :D

It is nice to read that she is like the OV2- we really enjoyed that ship and when we got home decided that the only thing we would change is that the cruise would be slightly more formal the next time. We have booked Celebrity for next year so I am sure that the Oceana will break us in gently to 'mega posh' cruising ! :D:D:D

Am soooooo excited ! (And have stopped worrying about ash!)

we sailed on oceana last year, it was fantastic. definetly try the marco pierre white restaurant for lunch too there is a great self serve salad bar and the chips come in tiny little deep fat frier baskets soooo cute lol.

have a fantastic time

we sailed on oceana last year, it was fantastic. definetly try the marco pierre white restaurant for lunch too there is a great self serve salad bar and the chips come in tiny little deep fat frier baskets soooo cute lol.

have a fantastic time

Excited :D Excited :D Excited !

Off to look at excursions now !

:):):)

Archived