Spirit's suite pics??

whitetruffle

We are booked on the Spirit's Nov. TA in a Silver Suite....and was very excitied until seeing the pics from the All Things SS page 6 and also "erolllers" pics. Am I the only one underwhelmed by these photos?

We have been on the Shadow twice in the silver suite, which we enjoyed, and before that a few times on the Silverseas suites on Regent/Radisson.

But these pics...yikes......furnishings do not seem to be anything special, to say the least........maybe a verandah suite would suffice at a fraction of the cost? Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

Hi whitetruffle

The Spirit is doing the TA in October this year, leaving Lisbon on 23 October. Is this the voyage u r referring to?

If yes, wud u like to join us on our roll call here.

As for the pictures of the Silver Spirit, I thought they were great and can't wait till I board her.

Cheers

Jennifer (ging466)

Whitetruffle -- We agree about the Silver Suite on the Spirit. The room seems very cold and spartan from the pictures we've seen. For example, there is one entire long wall without anything on it. And what's there seems pretty institutional. The verandah room looks okay, except for the "Narrows." Here are three pix from the owner's suite we were just in on the Ruby Princess. I know it's not Silversea, but it's a lot warmer and more inviting than the Silver Suite.

274808685_May-10270.jpg.f27d51e559914768588468b287e43204.jpg

1489059304_May-10275.jpg.327586eefbae0b2168415f9cb15f0f4d.jpg

1836141932_May-10276.jpg.28202536c8659694209f3f414f287465.jpg

Thanks for the responses!

ging466 - yes, you have the correct dates.

CW- thanks for the link. Those were actually the pics that caused my concern; I booked months ago. Perhaps Wellseasoned could chime in with a comparison of the Silver Suite and the Veranda suite?

Willcar-Yes, your description is quite on par, better than my deadpan "yikes". Thanks for sharing your pictures.

We are booked on the Spirit's Nov. TA in a Silver Suite....and was very excitied until seeing the pics from the All Things SS page 6 and also "erolllers" pics. Am I the only one underwhelmed by these photos?

We have been on the Shadow twice in the silver suite, which we enjoyed, and before that a few times on the Silverseas suites on Regent/Radisson.

But these pics...yikes......furnishings do not seem to be anything special, to say the least........maybe a verandah suite would suffice at a fraction of the cost? Anyone have any th

silveer suites have better closits/ more rroom and the door doesnot catch sleeves. the bathroom sinks are bad in both. resauants are crowded ..ship is not like the others in the i nfleet and not as good.

Art Robert; Have you been on the Silver Spirit yet? We have and we really like it to the point where we have 2 more cruises booked on her. We have also cruised Shadow and my lovely bride does not particularly like it. We also have more than 250 days on all of the past and present Regent ships. We'll stick with SS! Just goes to show you; different strokes for different folks!

My favorite cruises have been on the Shadow, a few times in 721. Before that, enjoyed Radisson for awhile before finding Silverseas.

Booked the Spirit TA on deck 10 with great excitement, but what I am trying to say is that the photos look just awful. Don't be mad at me, but really, how about pic *1 on post 270 on the All Things SS page.?

Really? We all know the price diff. Spouse and I can actually handle "the narrows" on the regular cabin, so I am trying to figure out, given the bad photos, if it is worth the difference? I still want to go, but the larger Silversuite I booked looks a bit cold, underdecorated for the premium.

Whitetruffle and art robert: The Silver Spirit Silver Suite is actually quite comfortable. It is larger than the Silver Suites on the Shadow and Spirit. The balcony is larger and has lots of nice furniture including full size table and chairs, lounges, etc. The closet is huge. The bathroom is roomy with nice jacuzzi tub and separate toilet room. There is a lovely king bed. There are solid wood doors which can be closed to separate the bedroom from the living area. The furniture is very comfortable, nice desk, espresso maker, etc. Yes, a bit sterile, but it was not fully finished on our 16 day occupation during the maiden TA. The surround stereo system arrived toward the end. The makeup area is at the back of the bedroom and is too deep, with suboptimal lighting. Overall, I prefer the Silver Suites on the Whisper/Shadow, though they are smaller and have a smaller balcony.

We were in a Midship Veranda for the next segment, 9 days. A bit of a shock after the huge Silver Suite. However, we thought the bathroom was great, terrific shower, better than the Silver Suite. Bathroom much better than verandas on the other ships. The raised sinks in both Silver and Veranda bathrooms on the Spirit are impractical and annoying. The narrow entry corridor and heavy doors in the Veranda Suites and the "narrows" between bed and makeup area are problems as many have noted. The Veranda sitting area and the two TVs in the mirrors were very nice. Lounges on the balcony were very comfortable. The closet in Veranda suite seems smaller and more cramped than on the Whisper/Shadow.

Just deciding between Silver and Veranda, if cost is no object, no brainer: take the Silver. Much room, huge closet, great balcony, great bed. The Silvers are high and forward, but this ship is really stable, no problem. But the Verandas are very comfortable with great bathroom. Can't go wrong.

Hope this helps

Dieter

But these pics...yikes......furnishings do not seem to be anything special, to say the least........maybe a verandah suite would suffice at a fraction of the cost? Anyone have any th

silveer suites have better closits/ more rroom and the door doesnot catch sleeves. the bathroom sinks are bad in both. resauants are crowded ..ship is not like the others in the i nfleet and not as good.

We really loved our 14 days on Silver Spirit. It suited us really well! Like wellseasoned said - you really can't go wrong!

Just to set your mind at ease, the furniture is of really good quality. Didn't particularly like the balcony wicker furniture, but it is of good quality. I think what puts a lot of folks off initally is the color scheme in the suites as compared to Whisper/Shadow. Chalk that up to the Italian interior designer.

whitetruffle I met both wellseasoned and Doug on the Spirit inaugural crossing in January.

Their observations are right on and identical to mine.

I too like the color palate of the Whisper/Shadow much better but I believe Doug is right -- an Italian designer with too much money and too little supervision (to my taste).

And Doug hit the bottom line - if money is no object I suppose I too would opt for the Silver, but you will be very happy in either.

Let us know what you decide!

I'm off to the Shadow on Tuesday -- to my favorite Verandah right down the hall from the action on Deck 5 (and you know what I mean!)

Mary Ann;)

whitetruffle I met both wellseasoned and Doug on the Spirit inaugural crossing in January.

Their observations are right on and identical to mine.

I too like the color palate of the Whisper/Shadow much better but I believe Doug is right -- an Italian designer with too much money and too little supervision (to my taste).

And Doug hit the bottom line - if money is no object I suppose I too would opt for the Silver, but you will be very happy in either.

Let us know what you decide!

I'm off to the Shadow on Tuesday -- to my favorite Verandah right down the hall from the action on Deck 5 (and you know what I mean!)

Mary Ann;)

Enjoy your trip, Mary Ann!

Archived